65.

After dinner I clear the table and take it to the kitchen. I rinse the dishes and put them in the dishwasher. While doing the dishes I see Braelynn and Amalia take a seat at the island counter. "Where are they guys?" I ask them.

"They're having drinks with your father and your mother went upstairs to the room. She said her head was killing her."

I'll have to check on her before I leave.

When the dishes are put away I turn towards the girls. "Do you want some wine?"

"Sure," Braelynn says. "It's been awhile since I've had a drink. I don't like my kids seeing me drink. It brings back memories of my parents and the parties they used to hold." She looks at the table and a tear falls down her face.

I walk over to her and give her hug.

Bo walks into the kitchen with Cole. He looks at Braelynn. "Brae, what's wrong?" He moves quickly to her side, pushing me out of the way. "Talk to me, baby."

She wipes her face before turning her attention to Bo. "You need to apologise for pushing my friend aside while she was comforting."

Bo turns his head to me. "I'm sorry, Julia." Turning back to her he says. "What's gotten you upset?"

"I was thinking about my parents. You know how I get when I remember them. I miss them so much." She hides her face in Bo's chest.

I walk out of the room with Amalia and Cole behind me. Turning towards Cole I say. "Where's Dad?"

"He went to check on your mother and then said he was going to the study to make a phone call."

"Thanks, I'm going to say goodnight to him and then we can leave." I walk away from Cole and Amalia and head in the direction of my mother's room. Opening the door I enter room and see Mom under the covers with her eyes closed.

Walking over to the bed I kneel next to the bed and kiss Mom's cheek. "Goodnight, Mom. I'll see you tomorrow." I stand up and head out the door.

The door to Dad's study is open and I walk into the room as he hangs up the phone. Looking up he says, "Hey, Sweetheart."

I pull the chair out across from Dad. "Hey, Dad. I came up here to say goodbye. Cole and I are about to head out."

"I had a great night tonight meeting your friends. They seem like great people and they care for you deeply." He stands up and gives me a hug. "See you tomorrow."

I step away from him. "Bye," walking down the stairs I see Cole and Amalia whispering in the corner. "Cole," he turns in my direction. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yes," he grabs his jacket from the coat rack and puts it on.

Braelynn and Bo exit the kitchen. "We're going to head out now. The babysitter needs to leave in twenty minutes."

I lock the door behind us as we walk out of the house. I hug Braelynn and Amalia before walking over to the car and sitting in the passenger seat.

Cole puts the key into the ignition and pulls out of the driveway.

Cole pulls the car in front of the parking garage. He types the pin into the electronic pad and the gate opens. He pulls the car into the garage and parks in my spot.

Stepping out of the car I grab my handbag and walk over to the lift. I press the button and wait for the doors to open.

Cole walks over just as the door opens to the lift. He lets me walk in first and then presses the button for my floor. "Where am I going to sleep tonight?"

My face turns red as I say, "You're sleeping with me. I don't want to be alone after what happened at your place."

A smile spreads across his face. "I never thought I'd hear you say that you want to sleep with me."

Rolling my eye I add. "We're not going to have sex. We're just sharing a bed. Besides, you might be able to chase away the nightmare's I have about my experience at Nova Island." The alert for my e-mail goes off and I look at it and see a message from Darcey. Clicking on it I read the message.

Dear Julia,
              Guess what? Dad has a meeting in Los Angeles in a couple of weeks. Can we please see you? I've missed you so much since you left Nova Island. See you soon.

Love

Darcey

I'm glad she's coming here. I'll have to organise something to do with Darcey and her family.

Cole looks at my phone. "Is that the girl you saved on Nova Island?"

"Yes," a smile spreads across my face. "You're going to love her, Cole. She's a sweet girl." The lift door opens and I walk out. "During the Tsunami another teacher told me to leave the girl on the beach and save myself. I couldn't do that and I ran straight to her. Grabbed her hand and we started to run, but we didn't get to higher ground and we were swept into the water. I lost her hand while we were underwater. I found her shortly later holding onto something and I..."

Cole pulls me into his chest. Kissing the top of my head he says, "You don't have to tell me this if you don't want to."

Lifting my head I say, "I want you to know everything, Cole. Everything is so different here. The people I used to rely on me has turned their backs on me and they want to hurt me. The person that hurt me the most is the one that wants to protect me. This is all fucked up." Pulling the keys out of my bag I put it into the lock. Unlocking the front door. I step into the house and see all the furniture in its place.

Thanks, Dad.

I hold my hand out to Cole and he places it in mine. Leading him down the hall I open the door to my bedroom. "Everything was calm for a while and I thought it was the end of the tsunami, but when another wave hit I ended up hurting my leg on something." Lifting up my pants leg I show the scar to Cole. "I thought I was going to die, Cole. There was a lot of things that I didn't experience and wanted to. The one thing I wanted to experience was to be loved by someone and now I have that with you." A smile spreads across my face as I say, "I love you, Cole."

"I love you too, Julia." Cole's lips crashes onto mine. He wraps his arms around me, making sure that I won't get away.

Truth be told I don't want to go anywhere. I'm enjoying the moment with Cole.

He lifts me up and carries me to the bed. Lying me on the bed, he hovers above me and deepens the kiss.

My hands move to the bottom of his shirt and I lift it up his body.