27.

As soon as we walk through the doors of the mall I see my bank.

I really need to deposit this cheque.

Turning towards Veronica I say. "I have to go to the bank. You can come with me or you can go into Victoria's Secret."

Veronica grabs my hand. "I'm not going in there without you. Besides, I think you need some sexy lingerie. You never know when you're going to get lucky."

I laugh. "It's going to be a long time before that happens, V. I like being single and it's less stressful than being in a relationship."

"Being with your brother isn't stressful. We're still in the stage of getting to know each other. I'm sure all the bad habits will come out eventually."

"If I have to buy lingerie it will be to make myself feel good not because of a guy." I say, walking into the bank.

There's no one lining up and I get served by the first teller that sees me. Pulling out the cheque I say. "I would like to deposit this."

The ladies eyes widen at the amount on the cheque before saying. "I'll have to get the general manager." She pushes her seat back and walks to a back room. The door closes behind her.

Veronica turns towards me. "I'll wait for you at the seats. I know the manager won't say anything without your permission and I know you need your privacy now."

"Thanks,"

She walks over to the seat and pulls her phone out of her pocket.

The manager walks out of office and over to me. He looks at the cheque and then at me. "I'll process this for you Miss Harris." He takes the cheque and types it up on the computer. "It will take between 25-48 hrs for the transfer to be completed."

"Thanks," I walk away from the teller and over to Veronica.

She looks up from her phone. "Time for Victoria's Secret. I have the perfect thing chosen for you."

I shake my head. "Whatever you have in mind. Forget it. I'm not interested. Can you please stop pushing me into buying things I don't need?"

She holds her hands high. "Sorry, I didn't think I was overstepping my boundaries with you."

"You are. We're friends, but I don't like being told what to do or what to buy. I've had enough of everyone treating me differently since I got back to this town."

Veronica doesn't say anything as we step into Veronica's Secret. She heads straight for the corsets and matching thong. She pulls it off the shelf and turns towards me. "What do you think of this?"

"It will look good on you. I'm going to look around. See if I can find something appropriate to go underneath my interview clothes tomorrow." I walk over to the bras and look for a white one. There are different kinds of bras and sizes.

I have no idea what size to get. I normally wore a costume top under my clothes when I was living on the island.

It was easier to get changed when I wanted to go for a swim after teaching the kids.

Now, that I'm back in Los Angeles I need a closet full of appropriate clothing for being a teacher.

I find a white strapless bra in the corner and I pull off a couple of different sizes.