[1.1] House of Arrivals ~ pt 1

*Unedited*

--------------

For the first time since the Rutter twins could remember they were going back to Amun Academy not sleep-deprived, not covered in sand or dirt from that week's dig, and they themselves were driving to school in their car.

They both knew that in its self was a huge deal, and they both knew they were only being allowed to bring their light blue 1969 Chevy Camaro Convertible – aka Camilla's baby, a gift from their Uncle Jasper and Uncle Abe – because their parents had donated a little more money than normal that year.

(The twins had resorted to a coin flip, after being told they were only allowed to bring one of their cars. Camilla won - so that's why they were in her car not Fabians 1954 Bentley R-type Continental (one only 208 ever made).)

"I can't believe you are still editing that bloody manuscript. I know you're getting a writing credit, but for the love of Thoth it's been all bloody summer Fabby," Camilla teased her brother who was currently slumped in the passenger seat of the car, his hood up as he tried to focus on a thick manuscript in his hands. Camilla didn't need to glance towards her brother to see the red pen corrections and edits all over the pages in the messy scrawl that was his handwriting.

Camilla was wearing an identical hoodie as her brother, though in a large size so it could be a dress and with her shorts on it pretty much looked like it was. As she focused on the twisting country road, she couldn't help but play with one of the tassels of her hoodie's hood; their Uncle Abe as a joke had created jumpers for the dig he was leading. Both twins had agreed to help him out that summer, and both getting the nicknames Trench Gremlin 1 and 2 within a day of being on-site by a couple of the older crew who had worked with the twins before, thus that had been printed on to their black hoodies, emblazoned on the back of them in golden writing, not that either of them minded.

The dig got them both out of flying all around the world with their parents, schmoozing investors for future projects that the two older Rutter's wanted to do.

Camilla was extra grateful of their uncles offer to come work with his team because ever since her mother had turned up at the end of term last year to help out with John Clarke's prison case and celebrate the end of the Treasures of Egypt exhibition she had been trying to bond with Camilla. Which normally Camilla would have been happy to celebrate if bonding meant them doing mother-daughter things, not just her mother trying to parade her around and dress her up for future Lords and billionaires.

Camilla was a fashionable girl; she knew that after living with Amber, but her sense of style and what her mother wanted her style to be was very, very, very different.

So, the moment Uncle Abe reached out to her, she was on the first first-class flight to Cairo money could buy so she could join Fabian and him to muck in on the work.

Abe Rutter had kept in mind the twin's school start date and sent them home almost a whole week before term started resulting in the twins having Rutter Manor all to themselves for an entire week. A rarity because the twins were always either at school or Egypt.

"I promised Uncle Abe I'd get my chapters done by the end of the week, Cam," Fabian mumbled from beside Camilla, having given up commenting on her wild driving almost 2 hours ago. With magic, he swore she had only gotten worse. Still, the only blessing he had was he knew Camilla would never let harm come to him – though scaring him to death constantly seemed to be a very amusing past time of her's these days (yes he was still scarred from her driving their family's Land Rover at 140 Miles per hour in the desert all summer).