[5.2] House of Revelations ~ pt2

*unedited*

-------------------------------------------------------

At the gatehouse, the trio of teens had worked their way up the stairs and found themselves in a strange little hallway.

"Gross..." Eddie mumbled as Camilla moved to a large steampunk wheel and examined it.

"What is that?" KT whispered.

"I think this works the elevator..." Camilla told the pair as she stepped back from the large wheel.

"What's this?" Eddie moved past her to a small cabinet, the two girls watching as he opened it up and pulled out a green coloured jar with something long and slimy in it that Camilla instantly recognised.

"Pickled worms?" Camilla sounded surprised while KT tried not to look grossed out, Eddie shotting Camilla a strange look. How did she know that straight away and didn't seem bothered that someone had pickled worms.

KT shuddered as she watched Camilla take the jar from Eddie and hold it to the light before nodding her head as if confirming that it was what she told them it was. Eddie snatched the jar off the girl and put it back in the case where frozen frogs and skeletons of snakes in jars could also be seen.

"Who is Miss Denby?" Eddie couldn't help but murmur in horror at the sight of the jars.

"Maybe she's on some wacky diet." KT offered.

"These things are potion ingredients..." Camilla looked at them greedily wondering if she could somehow steal some to use in her own experiments.

"Frogs... snakes... crabs..." Eddie spoke as his eyes darted from jar to jar.

KT shuddered and looked away from the pair who were looking into the cabinet, "you're right... she's super weird!"

Eddie's head turned as he noticed KT's beeline towards the door, "no, we can't leave yet!"

His shout caused KT to turn to look at him, as he scrambled to his feet. Camilla closing the cabinet door on the ingredients knowing they were on a mission first and foremost. She could try to steal what she needed later.

"Guys, I'm getting really creeped out..." KT told the pair as they straightened to look at her.

"Not yet," Eddie begged softly.

"one more room," Camilla told the girl, who whimpered but didn't move away from the determined pair.

With that, the three turned to the large wooden double doors that were closed. The only doors in the small hallway they were in. Eddie pushed on them and with a loud horror movie like creak they opened to reveal a large study. On the back wall, a large organ was positioned along the wall, in the middle, a huge desk. A fireplace was on the left and a large red velvet couch that ran the length of the left wall. The whole place looked like it had been dropped out of a Hitchcock horror movie and as much as it was a compliment, it caused the hair on the back of Camilla's neck to stand on end.

"This place is huge..." Eddie whispered.

Camilla made a disagreeing noise-causing both KT and Eddie to look at her, "my family own a manor house... the ballroom could fit this room in it at least twice." Camilla looked at the desk before turning to face her friends, "and don't even get me started on Amber family home or the Lewis family Castle."

Eddie rolled his eyes amused at Camilla's 'rich girl' comment, and he leaned down to whisper loudly to KT, "Rich people issues am I right?" causing the new girl to let out a small laugh relaxing all three teens slightly. Even in the creepy room, they could make jokes... that was something positive.