[8.2] House of Mistrust ~ Pt 2

*unedited*

-------------------------------------------------------

KT grabbed Patricia's arm gently before she entered their bedroom, "We need to sneak out. Amber and Cammie aren't safe."

Patricia gave the girl an incredulous look as she shook off the girl's grip; what was the girl's obsession with the gatehouse and its danger? "Amber is the safest one of us all if she is with Camilla." KT didn't seem to believe her words, and the gothic girl sighed, "Look, you don't know Victor. If he catches us, we're all toast."

KT went to argue, but a voice pipped up from down the hallway.

"Hey guys," the two turned to see Mara, her bathroom wash bag in her hand, "have you seen Amber?"

KT and Patricia shared a look at the question. Neither sure how to answer it as they weren't 100% sure of the answer themselves. They assumed she was in the Gatehouse with Cam, but they didn't know for sure.

"she just called me..." Patricia stuttered, "she and Camilla are stuck at this party miles away. They were phoning to make us promise not to tell Trudy."

Mara smirked and shook her head, "Typical... Camilla dragging Amber into trouble." With that, she walked into her bedroom.

Patricia saw KT's eyes widen and shook her head, "Don't even ask... the Mara Camilla rivalry has been years in the making, and you don't want to get involved unless you have to."

KT sighed and nodded slightly, glancing back down the corridor where Mara had disappeared from to see Eddie poking his head out from the small corridor that led to the attic room. Why was the boy skulking around? The second he noticed KT had spotted him, he gestured for her to come over. KT glanced back to Patricia, "I think I have a headache coming on... I should grab a glass of water..." with that, she wandered away.

Patricia watched her go with a frown, "so not trusting you..." the goth muttered before pushing open her bedroom door and walking inside.

KT waited until the door shut before she turned on Eddie, eyes wide as she silently demanded answers. "Eddie, do you have any idea what time it is?!"

Eddie glanced over the girl's shoulder to make sure Patricia's bedroom door was firmly shut before presenting his friend a notebook, "There are only four boarding schools in the Isle of Wight." He started ignoring KT's eye roll as she realised what the whispered conversation was about. Not the fact their friends were stuck in the gatehouse but about how evil Denby was because the boy refused to believe the facts his dad could also be involved.

KT took the notebook and flicked through the paperwork the boy had printed with a frown. "I don't get it..."

"Denby said she taught there, remember?" Eddie hissed to the girl, waiting until she nodded before continuing, "all right, well, I just phoned every school on the island, and none of them had even heard of a Miss Denby."

KT looked at the boy in alarm. If he had gone to that length, then maybe there was something more to their teacher, "So if she's not a teacher... then who is she?"

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

The next morning Amber and Camilla's empty seats at breakfast was an awful reminder to the Sibuna's that their friends had been left in the gatehouse in possible danger.

Alfie, Fabian and Patricia raced up the stairs to the girl's rooms in hopes to see their beds had been slept in, but it was clear they hadn't been.