[18.2] House of Set-up ~ Pt 2

*Unedited*

---------------------------------------------------

Willow was at a loss for words. She had too much to do as Project Manager for this event that it made sense to just move the event to make sure everything went smoothly, but apparently, you can't simply move an Eclipse – or so she was informed by Mr Sweet before he had ushered Victor and Ms Denby into his office.

"Well, I still think moving the Eclipse was a good idea." She moaned to Jerome, looking around the student lounge area to see whom she hadn't given a flyer about the events that were happening.

"I'm sure the others didn't mean to laugh." Jerome tried to reassure the girl, though Anum Academy was already talking about the overheard conversation between the strawberry blonde and the headteacher, and news like that didn't die down quickly. Jerome patted her shoulder and settled himself on the couch.

"Alfie said it was a great idea." Willow wistfully told Jerome with a small smile.

Jerome couldn't suppress the smile that crept onto his face. This Alfie crush thing might not be a bad thing. Willow, perhaps unbeknown to her, appeared to have some feelings for his friend also. "He might be a little, eh... biased. As is, I'm sure the rest of Anubis House."

Willow gave the boy a grateful smile before sitting in the chair next to him and wrapping her arms around him. "You always know what to say to cheer me up," she said.

Jerome gently pushed Willow off him before moving to the armchair so she couldn't get to him. "Willow, we really need to talk about your idea of 'us...."

Willow gave him a smile, "Don't worry. I don't want to traumatize poor Mara, so I understand if you don't want to tell people yet."

Jerome looked up and groaned softly. How hard could it be to tell a girl he didn't want to date her, especially when the girl in question was the human embodiment of a puppy? "I heard you swapped rooms," Jerome said as he glanced around. I think this is the best thing for KT, also. Both of you being new to Anubis house, you can... support each other."

Willow grinned and nodded her head before launching herself onto him and sitting on his knee for another cuddle.

Unknown to either of them, Mara had walked into the room behind them, her mouth dropping open in shock at the sight.

"Willow..." Jerome groaned, pretending he was in pain, causing Willow to jump back off with an apologetic smile before looking up and letting out a small gasp before she skipped out of the room. Jerome, assuming she'd seen someone she'd not given a flyer to, hid his face in his hand in relief as he watched her leave. He really needed to get on top of his current issues so he could go back to fixing the blackmail issue he and Poppy had been trying to sort since mid-way through the summer.

"Is there something I should know!"

Mara's voice pierces through the room, causing Jerome's eyes to widen—just what he needed.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Eric Sweet finally finished explaining his plan to Ms Denby and Victor and watched the two, who sat in silence for a minute.

"A Diversion...? Very clever. Eric." Denby forcibly had to admit.

Victor, however, was more than happy to show how pleased he was with his friend's plan as he sat down in the adjustable chair in front of the headmaster's desk. "Getting rid of the new American girl who is equally as troublesome as the last... Good. I like it."