[8.1] House of Mistrust - Pt 1

*unedited*

-------------------------------------------------------

Camilla and Amber tried not to shiver as they reached the tank room. Camilla hadn't noticed the temperature drop in her first visit, but on her second visit, she couldn't help but notice it. Amber clutched onto the girl as they slipped behind a sarcophagus unnoticed by the adults who were all staring at the tank man in amazement. The pair using the large sarcophagus's shadows as a safeguard as they watch the three adults talk.

"I think you'll find everything in order," Denby told the men crossing her arms looking a little bored.

"Yes..." Eric Sweet murmured in awe as he put on his glasses to examine the man in the tank closer. "everything does seem to be all right."

Just then a loud hiss of steam erupted from the tank and Amber couldn't help it as she let out a small squeak of surprise, grabbing Camilla's hand. The two girls burrowing into the shadows of the sarcophagus, hoping they hadn't been caught.

As they slunk into the shadows, all three adults in the room turned toward the sound in alarm.

"What was that?!" Eric Sweet hissed to the braver two in the room.

The two heard the footsteps approaching the area the girls were hiding in, and Camilla tried not to grimace as she pushed a particularly large rat into the light with her foot. Causing it to go scampering across the room.

"Ugh, rats!" They heard Denby groan slightly. "I have to put up with all sorts of vermin."

Amber looked to Camilla as they heard footsteps walk away from their hiding spot and with a nod from the twin, the two popped their head out to see what was going on.

Victor was walking around the man in the tank, looking at him with a softness in his eyes the pair had only ever seen directed at Camilla. "To think," he said to the pair in the room with him, "it's 90 years since Anubis cursed him."

Camilla furrowed her eyebrows together at her mentor's words watching the man put a hand on the glass near the man's face.

"and only a short time now before we waken him." Eric Sweet sighed contently. At the headteacher's words, Amber looked to Camilla with a worried look. They where actually thinking of awakening the monster in the tank. Camilla didn't need Amber's look as dread and understanding washed over the girl like she had stepped into a plunge pool. This was the event they had to stop. She didn't know why but they couldn't allow the adults to awaken whoever was in that tank.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Patricia was the first of the three to reach outside, trying to catch her breath as she turned to watch Alfie and Fabian stumble from the darkness of the hidden cellar door to the lush, overgrown garden around the gatehouse.

"You get the door." Fabian gasped to Alfie as he pushed ivy from his face, and the male nodded and did what the twin asked. Slamming it shut, before allowing ivy to fall over it hiding it from view.

As Alfie turned back around, he saw the alert worried look on Fabian's face as the boy turned around his eyes darting about the greenery, they stood in searching.

"Where's Camilla?"

"And Amber..." Alfie whispered as he too came the conclusion the two girls weren't with them.

"I thought they were ahead of us..." Fabian muttered running a hand through his hair. Patricia and Alfie sharing a look as they watch Fabian getting more and more wound up by the second. "maybe we should check the house before we panic..." Fabian told the pair before sprinting off at a speed that the pair were impressed with.