[20.2] House of Eclipse ~ pt 2

*unedited*

-------------------------------------------------------

In the gatehouse, the students were robed and looking at one another in fear. Jerome lifted the robes with the tips of his fingers as if appalled the material even existed in the world, let alone he was wearing it and looked to Alfie, "I have never been more embarrassed in my life! And Poppy put photos of me and Panto dame around the school!"

He dropped the robe as Patricia and a very uncomfortable-looking Joy wandered over to the boys. "Well, you're going to be more than embarrassed in..." the girl paused to look at her watch, "very, very soon."

"I can't believe I didn't listen to you guys," Joys told Patricia, glancing as Alfie started to pace around the room again, trying to think of a last-minute escape plan.

"Don't think about Harriet," Alfie started to mutter over and over again.

Joy glanced at Patricia. She had clearly missed a lot since stepping back from Sibuna. "Who's Harriet?"

"The real Ms Denby," Patricia told her friend honestly. She didn't want to scare Joy, but there wasn't time for lies anymore, not when they were so close to causing a great evil to arise just by standing in the same room as the adults. "She said that if the impure heart wakes the sleeper, then basically it's the end of everything."

Alfie looked to Patricia with an annoyed look, "You've made me think about Harriet!"

"Jerome," Joy called, looking over at the boy whose face mirrored the horror she was sure hers had. I'm not so worried about our grades anymore."

"End of the world, that means Camilla is involved, right?"

Patricia nodded her head at the boy.

"Now I really think we need to get out of here before she does something stupid and reckless like she always does!" His mind instantly went back to the tunnels where Camilla willingly sapped herself of magic. He didn't see the effects of it straight away, but boy, from the way Fabian went ghostly white when telling him about it, he knew it wasn't good.

Patricia smirked but didn't comment as she looked at her friends, her Anubis house family, and her fellow Sibunas (official and unofficial). "Then let's brush Denby, and we'll go!"

"Brush a teacher?" Joy looked unconvinced.

Alfie shook his head. "That woman is no teacher."

"All four of us can take her," Patricia tried to encourage the two. Their time was running out, and for this sliver of a plan to work, all four of them needed to work together. "She's only one person!"

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Trudy smiled as the students all finally settled to watch Willow and Mara's presentation before they all walked outside to watch the eclipse as a group. The two girls had asked their housemother to introduce the presentation and Trudy had instantly said yes at the honour.

"Right, it's almost time!" the woman said as the final stragglers settled down. But before we go out for the big moment, we have Mara and Willow and friends to give us some fabulous eclipse facts!" Trudy led the round of applause as Mara got to her feet with her science friends to present their presentation.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

The four students in the gatehouse were ready to attack Ms Denby and escape until they heard a voice that ruined their plans instantly.