[14.2] House of Smuggling ~ Pt 2

Endgame; House of Anubis

Copyright © (2022) by SarahRCubitt13

All Rights Reserved.

No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording or other electronic or mechanical methods.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, events are productions of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is a coincidence.

The author has given permission for this book to be published on Watt-pad alone. If you see a reproduction of this work, please message me at this is likely without my consent.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sibuna might have agreed to let Camilla hide the bracelet. Still, Eddie wanted to prove himself as the leader they had appointed him. So, after Patricia and KT persuaded the twins, they let Eddie go off with the bracelet – the boy having his compulsory takeaway night with his dad.

Eddie was looking around the school for a good hiding place until his eyes fell onto the display case in the student lounge where the Frobisher Shield was pride of place on a velvet cloth that draped down and pooled at the bottom of the case. Eddie raced over and opened the door of the case, taking the bracelet out of his pocket and hiding it in the velvet pool of the cloth at the bottom of the case. But, of course, no one would think to look there.

"Eddie! I've been looking for you everywhere," Mr Sweet's voice startled the boy as he turned and looked at his dad, trying to hide the fact he had been clearly snooping by the trophy.

"Oh, yeah, I just came to look at the shield." Eddie stuttered slightly, glancing back at the display case. "You know, I get a tear in my eye when I think of the school's achievements."

"Oh, you can look, but don't touch."

"I'm shocked. Like I'd even think about –"Eddie tried to close the case subtly, but his dad had already clocked onto the fact the door was partially open.

"What is going on there?"

"Nothing!" Eddie responded too quickly, "It was just loose, I think, because of the whole –"

"Step aside."

"But aren't we ordering Chinese?"

"Step Aside!" the order was clear, and Eddie couldn't help but take a step to the side to allow his father access to the display case.

Eddie watched on as his dad knelt down, opening the case door wide.

Eddie could feel a bead of sweat forming on his forehead as his dad reached out to move the red velvet cloth.

"See? Nothing out of place, right?" the boy started to babble as he tried to think of a way to stop his father. "Maybe we should just –"

The Osirian knew he had seconds to do something; otherwise, the bracelet would be revealed, and their quest would be over – plus Camilla would never let him live down that the first time he did something as the Sibuna leader, he royally screwed the fuck up.

"Dad!" Eddie shouted, "I really don't want you to look behind there."

"Give me one reason why not." Mr Sweet asked his son as he paused, giving the boy room to explain himself.

Eddie jumped on the pause like it was a lifeline, "it's your birthday gift!" he blurted out.

"My what?" his dad sat up and looked at him, all thoughts of foul play leaving the older man's mind at the possibility his son might have actually got him something.