[15.1] House of Anticipation ~ pt 1

*unedited*

-------------------------------------------------------

"We are the only people I know who would try to move a body in daylight," Camilla huffed as she pushed the Tank that held Frobisher – they had moved him into a wheelbarrow, but it was a full-sized male human in a metal tank. It was still taking all of their efforts to get the man anywhere. The only thing hiding him was a red table cloth they had nicked from Denby's.

Actually, getting him out of the house had been surprisingly easy once they found the elevator and the wheelbarrow, but still, this had to be the worst of the Sibuna plans to date. If they got caught, there was no way they could talk their way out of any of this.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Inside the school, Patricia couldn't help but groan as she re-read over the very vague text from KT about the change of plans as she rushed back into the school hall where most of the parents and teachers – most importantly the three adults she was meant to be keeping an eye on were also there.

"I've got that cord," Patricia told Mr Sweet, who was right inside the door, holding out the extension cord she'd gone and collected.

Mr Sweet smiled appreciatively at her, "oh, I think Joy managed without it, but thank you." With that, the man turned and whispered towards Ms Denby, who was manning the Business Studies stall. Patricia tried not to look like she was listening in, but she was close enough she could hear their conversation.

"Ms Denby, perhaps you should form the welcoming committee. Could you go get Victor, please?"

Ms Denby nodded her head and moved past the pair.

"Welcoming Committee?" Patricia questioned, not caring if it gave away the fact she had been listening in.

"you should be outside." Mr Sweet told her, "the governor's and donators are about to arrive."

"you mean like the Rutter's and Lewis's?" Patricia's eyes widened.

Mr Sweet missed this as Victor and Ms Denby approached him, the man giving them smiles " shall we head to the welcome tent?" the three left the room, Patricia following them with her head as she lifted her phone to her ear.

"Eddie, tell me you are nowhere near the school," the girl asked her ex-boyfriend.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

The phone call had come at a very inopportune moment, as the Sibuna's looked out on a bunch of pretentious looking adults in business suits – Camilla and Fabian sharing a knowing look as if they weren't surprised to have seen them. Or the lack of them might have been a better way of looking at it.

"Okay, well, define 'near the school'" the American boy whispered down the phone as he all but stood in a bush trying to remain out of sight – the rest of the Sibuna's doing similar things in the wooded area behind him – along with the Tank which was impossible to hide. "okay, yes I get it!" was the only part of the conversation any of them could hear. Still, Patricia was warning Eddie of something from the tone of voice.

Eddie hung up and turned around, looking at the four of them as they tried to move the Tank and was making very little progress about it.

"Guys, we've got about a minute until Victor, my dad, and Denby join those guys on the lawn. After that, we need to get going!"

"Camilla, couldn't you?" Fabian turned to his sister desperately.

"oh yeah, let me just poof this!" Camilla sarcastically stated, her hands going to her hips, "cos, I have that kind of control over my magic these days!"