Explanation✗

y/n~

It had been 2 months since I had been back. As of today, I now living with the name Rei.

As weird as it was to adjust to having a whole new name and life, I was adapting pretty damn well.

Of course it's also one million times easier with Jungkook by my side.

The day I had come back and saw Jungkook again was a hard day. I remember every detail so vividly.

FLASHBACK~

"Y/n..." Jungkook said, tears surfacing in his eyes. "Hi." I spoke, my voice soft as I smiled at him.

"You're alive." Jungkook cried, throwing his arms around me tightly. "I am." I reply as he hugs me back even tighter.

"How? You were dead. You lost so much blood and-" But I stopped him, shushing him.

"Let's go inside and I'll tell you everything." I say, knowing I would have to explain how I was back sooner or later.

I took Jungkook's hand and lead him into his house.

As we got inside, all Jungkook could do was stare at me. He was in shock, unable to comprehend that I was really here.

"H-how are you alive?"Jungkook asked, blinking slowly. I sat down beside him, watching his features change.

"After the shooting, it's true that I nearly died. I passed out from blood loss and shock." I start, my eyes following Jungkook's.

"Next thing I remember was waking up at the hospital but they had announced me dead. I thought maybe that was the perfect way to get away, it had been the plan all along."

"So I left, I ran, knowing if they saw me it would only continue where we left off. Although the mafia people are dead, the rest of them could come looking out of revenge. Now they won't have to." I say, pressing my lips together firmly.

"So then you're really alive..." Jungkook says, still staring at me as if he couldn't believe I was actually here.

"I am." I say softly.

Jungkook's eyes bore into mine, glistening with tears.

"I promised you I would never leave you. I don't break my promises." I say, my heart softening as I stared at the man I had come to love.

Without saying a word, Jungkook threw himself at me, his tears coming out in a big waterfall.

"I was so scared, y/n. I thought I had really lost you." Jungkook says, his cries turning into sobs as he clung to me, burying his face in my neck.

"I know, but it's okay. I'm here now and I'm never leaving you again." I say as I hold on to Jungkook's crying form.

Seeing him cry hurt me in ways I couldn't even begin to explain. I love this man, I will always love this man.

~FlASHBACK OVER~

Now here we were, three months later.

Jungkook was still sensitive to everything that had happened. He never let me out of his sight and I guess you could say we were now attached at the hip.

It was understandable though. Jungkook had been through a lot in his life and that had really broken him. His past added onto everything made it one giant smelly shit pie.

Now, we are free. He is free.

Jungkook would no longer have to live in his father's shadow. He would no longer have to kill, none of that.

Jungkook could finally live peacefully. He could finally live a normal life.

As happy as I was about that, I knew deep down, hell, both of us knew, that it wasn't really over.

Even if we had made it out, the memories of our blood money would haunt us,

Now and forever.

[...]