Nightmares✗

"Y/n, where are you? Please, don't leave me!" I could hear a faint cry in the other room as I run towards the sound.

As I bursted into our bedroom I saw Jungkook asleep on the bed, thrashing around violently, covered in sweat.

"Please, no!" Jungkook yelled, tears falling from his closed eyes. I ran to his side, shaking him awake.

"Jungkook, I'm right here." I say, bringing him out of his nightmare. Jungkook's eyes opened, red and wide, his face tear stained.

"Y/n..." Jungkook said, his voice strained. "I'm right here, it's okay. It was just another nightmare."I say as I craddle him into my chest, rocking him back and forth.

Ever since what happened, Jungkook had been having nightmares. Nearly every night I would wake up to the sound of his crying and screams.

I felt horrible. I hated having to watch Jungkook suffer.

"Please don't leave me." Jungkook cried as he clung to me, holding on for dear life.

"I'm not going anywhere, I promise." I say as I hold onto him, making sure he felt secure.

Jungkook held onto me, his grip never once loosening.I knew how traumatized he was and it hurt me to see him like this.

I just wanted everything to be okay again. I wanted Jungkook to be okay again.

"I'm sorry. I know this is annoying." Jungkook says once he had calmed down.

I looked down at Jungkook and frowned. "It is not, Jungkook. I know we've been through a lot and it will take some time to get over. This is normal, please don't make it seem like a bother." I say,

Jungkook looked up at me, his eyes red from crying. "I should have never brought you into this life. I knew how it would end and yet I did it anyway. I'm so stupid." Jungkook says, closing his eyes.

"Don't say that. If I had never joined the mafia to begin with then I never would have met you. Do you really wish that's how it had gone?" I ask.

Jungkook looked up into my eyes, his features softening. "Of course not." Jungkook sighs as he lays his head back down on my chest.

"I just wish I was able to keep my promise but instead you got hurt trying to protect me. It should have been the other way around." Jungkook sighs.

"We're both alive now. That's all that matters, right?" I say as I gently brush my fingers through his hair.

Jungkook looked up at me, his features soft. "Yeah, it is." He says softly.

I smile as I lean down and lay a kiss on his forehead. "Y/n," Jungkook starts as he looks up at me.

"What is it?" I ask, looking into his glossy brown eyes.

"That night, the night everything happened, you told me you loved me..." Jungkook says, causing my face to heat instantly.

"Of course I do." I say, blushing as I averted my gaze. "I know I never got to fully tell you but I love you, y/n. I have for a long time and I plan to love you for the rest of my life." Jungkook says, his words serious as he turned my chin so our eyes met.

I smiled, my heart filling with warmness and the strong emotion I had been feeling all along.

"I love you too, Jungkook."

...

Later that day, Jungkook and I sat around, talking about what I had missed in the time I was gone.

"So Yoongi seriously took over?" I ask, shocked. "He did. I told him it was dangerous and he knew, he understands what being the leader means." Jungkook says, his words serious.

"I'm worried. What if something bad happens to him too? Can I see him?" I ask, knowing Yoongi wasn't even aware of me being alive.

Jungkook pressed his lips together. "I'm not sure that's a good idea." Jungkook says.

"He still thinks I'm dead, Jungkook. He deserves to know I'm okay." I say, my mind on the others too.

Jungkook looked over at me, his facial expression showing that he still wasn't sure.

"Fine, we'll go see them but we have to be low profile on this. We can't have anyone seeing you who will recognize you."

"Okay, of course." I say as I sit up, smiling at the thought of seeing everyone again.

"Just promise me you'll stay close to me. Please don't leave my side, not in that house. That's all I ask." Jungkook says, a look of fear on his face.

"I promise." I say as I lean over and kiss Jungkook's cheek. He smiles as he pulls me into a hug.

"Are you sure you want to go back there?" Jungkook asked as if silently pleading for me to say no.

"They need to know I'm okay." I say as I tighten my arms around Jungkook.

Jungkook nods as he pulls back slightly, taking my face in his hands. "I love you, y/n. No matter what happens, we'll be okay. I will protect you this time, I swear that to you." Jungkook says as he looks me in the eyes.

There was so much pain hidden within his beautiful brown eyes. A pain so strong that it would take a life time of mending to make it hurt just a little less.

"I know you will. I love you." I say as I lean forward and bury my face into his shoulder.

Jungkook wrapped his arms tighter around me, as if I would disappear as soon as he let go.

This was were I felt safest in this world, in the arms of the man I love.

[...]