New Arrivals & New Truths✗

y/n"

"Today?" I asked, my eyebrows rose. "Yes, sometime later. That's why I wanted to bring it up. If it isn't too much to ask, I was hoping you would-" But Yoongi's words were cut off by Jungkook.

"No."

Everyone looked over at Jungkook who was alert, his tone completely serious and stern. 

"Soo-hyun will feel more comfortable in the presence of another woman." Yoongi says, looking over at Jungkook with pleading eyes.

"I don't want y/n being pulled back into that life. I'm sorry Yoongi but no." Jungkook says, his words serious.

"There will be no harm thrown y/n's way, I promise you." Yoongi says, his words also serious.

I looked over at Jungkook then at Yoongi. 

"I'll do it."

"What? Y/n, no." Jungkook says, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"I would have killed to have another woman there with me when I first came into the mafia. No offense but being alone with seven male murders was a bit intimidating." I say.

Jungkook looked over at me, his face holding a worried expression. "You can be by my side the whole time. Nothing will happen." I say.

Jungkook thinks for a moment before letting out a sigh. "Fine, but you better swear to me that y/n will be safe." Jungkook says as he looks over at Yoongi.

"Cross my heart." Yoongi says and Jungkook sighs before looking over at me. "Alright." He says although he still seemed against it still. 

I look over at Yoongi and nod. "After we eat we can go back and wait." I say and Yoongi nods and thanks me.

So another girl would be arriving soon, huh? Something about that and Jin's words from before made me feel uneasy.

Although I wasn't worried about Jungkook falling for someone else, I couldn't help but feel a bit envious.

I wondered if the guys would love her more than me...It sounded selfish but these guys were my family now.

My family. My boys. 

I looked up at Jungkook who let out a breath as our eyes met.

No matter what this girl was like, I would try my best to make her feel safer, just as I wished someone had for me...

...

After we ate we headed to the mafia house and waited for Soo-hyun to arrive.

Everyone seemed a bit on edge, especially Yoongi. I assumed it was because the father of this girl was a powerful mafia leader as well.

It seemed as if time were passing slowly, everyone doing something that showed how anxious they were. 

Yoongi paced back and forth, never once sitting down. Jimin and Taehyung twiddled with their fingers, Namjoon sat, biting his lower lip. Jin's face said it all. Hoseok bit at the skin around his nails, and Jungkook sat there tapping his foot harshly.

I on the other hand, stood alert as I waited.

Just then, a knock on the door caused everyone's head to snap up.

Yoongi pulled himself together as he walked over and opened the door. As he did, Jungkook stood, pulling me into his side, pushing me behind him slightly as if shielding me.

Yoongi and the man spoke, their voices somewhat hushed before I caught sight of long blonde hair.

"Protect her, Min. That's all I ask." The man says, his voice deep and serious.

"Of course." Yoongi says, his words firm. After a few seconds, Yoongi stepped back, a girl in his arms.

Swinging the door shut, Yoongi turned to us. The girl was sleeping or knocked out, who knew.

I stepped out from behind Jungkook, slowly making my way over to Yoongi.

As I reached him, the girl began to shuffle. In an instant, her eyes flicked open, widening instantly.

"Where am I?" She asked, looking up then freaking out. "Who are you? Let go of me." She says as she pushes against Yoongi, jumping from his arms.

The girl ran towards the door but was quickly blocked by Namjoon and JIn.

"What do you want from me? Are you going to kill me?" The girl says, her voice full of fear.

Yoongi looks over at me and I nod before making my way over to her.

"Soo-hyun, I'm Rei, it's nice to meet you." I say, knowing I couldn't use my real name with a complete stranger and someone of a different mafia.

"Why am I here? Please, help me get out of here." She says, her voice a whisper.

"I'm afraid I can't do that." I say as I glance back at Jungkook who seems on edge.

"It's okay, we won't hurt you." JImin says as he steps forward, extending his hand to her only for her to swat it away.

"She's mean." Jimin whines as he jumps back, hiding behind me.

"I know you're confused and scared but I promise we're not going to hurt you. You believe me, right?" I ask, looking down at the girl.

Within her eyes I could see how frightful she was. She reminded me of myself.

Soo-hyun looked up at me then around at everyone else. "Only you. I'll only talk to you." She says as she looks up at me.

I look over at Yoongi who nods, motioning us towards a room.

"We'll talk privately then." I say and the girl slowly nods before taking a step towards me.

As I go to walk away, Jungkook grabs my arm, stopping me.

"What is it?" I ask, turning to face him. "Be careful. You don't know what she's capable of." Jungkook says.

"Okay." I say. Jungkook hesitantly lets go of my hand and I turn back to Soo-hyun and motion for her to follow me.

Knowing how she felt, I would make sure she felt safe. I would reassure her that she would be okay here.

I had to do that, at least.

...

Jk"

It had been nearly an hour since y/n had went into the room with the new girl and I felt anxious.

"Relax. She isn't going to hurt y/n. She's just scared, Just as y/n was when she first got here." Yoongi says as he comes over to me and leans against the wall.

"Why is she here, really? What are you protecting her from?" I ask, looking up at Yoongi.

"Awhile back, there was a mass murder at one of the mafia's and everyone is tense still. He wants to make sure his daughter will be okay." Yoongi says and my mouth goes dry.

"A mass murder?" I ask.

"Yeah, A whole mafia slaughtered. There was even children dead, innocent people. No one knows who did it but whoever it was, they're clearly a dangerous person and a threat to all of us and our safety." Yoongi says, looking zoned out.

I felt neasuous. He was talking about me...I was that dangerous person...

"Yoongi..." I start, knowing I couldn't hide this from him, not my family.

"Yeah?" Yoongi asked, looking down at me with raised eyebrows.

"It was me...I was the person who killed them." 

[...]