Protect✗

y/n"

I wasn't surprised that Jungkook had decided to stay with me. I knew he wouldn't let me stay here by myself, not after everything that happened here.

As Jungkook and I headed up to his old bedroom to settle in, Jungkook spoke. 

"You really believe this is the life we're meant to have?" Jungkook asked, his voice soft as we entered his old room.

I looked over at Jungkook as I sat down on the bed. "I don't know, maybe..." I say, looking over at him.

Jungkook let out a breath as he walked over to the bed and sat down beside me.

"I'm just trying to protect you, y/n. The whole point of everything that happened was to get out of this life. Why are you trying to come back?" He asks, his voice sad.

I looked over at Jungkook and sighed as I leaned my head against his shoulder.

"I know you want to protect me, Jungkook. It's all you've ever wanted but I have a family here now. I want to be with my family and I want to help protect them too. I know you understand that feeling."I say.

Jungkook is silent for a moment before he speaks. "Just promise me this isn't forever. Promise me that we don't have to stay. I want to stay in our house, I want it to just be us. We can visit the guys but I don't want to stay. No re joining the mafia." Jungkook says.

I move back so that I'm facing Jungkook. "I promise." I say. Jungkook lets out a breath of relief as he looks at me.

"I can't risk losing you again, y/n. I won't be able to handle it." Jungkook says as he takes my face in his hands.

I rest my hands on the sides of his face and smile. "I'm not going anywhere, Jungkook." I say.

Jungkook smiles as he leans forward and presses his lips to mine. I smile into the kiss as I pull him closer.

In the midst of our kissing I hear a knock on the door then it opens.

Jungkook and I pull back from each other to see Yoongi standing in the doorway wth Soo-hyun behind him.

"Sorry to interrupt, she won't stop asking where you went. Do you mind coming down to eat with us?" Yoongi asked.

I looked over at Jungkook who pulls his lips in as he slowly released me, letting me stand.

"Sure." I say as I make my way towards the door. "Are you gonna come down to eat?" I ask.

Jungkook looks over at Soo-hyun with a look I didn't understand before he shakes his head.

"I'm not hungry, I think i'll just nap." Jungkook says. "Alright." I say before heading back with a single glance.

...

As we all get down to the dining room, I look around, taking everything in.

It was definelty hard being back here but at the same time, not all the memories were horrible.

"Are you okay?" I hear from beside me and I look over to see Namjoon at my side.

"You care?" I ask, a scoff in my words as I looked over at him. "Of course I do. I may not have liked you in the past but you're really family now. I care and look out for my family." Namjoon says as he stands tall at my side.

I smile as I look around at everyone who had sat down to eat. "Thank you, Namjoon." I say.

"No problem. Lets eat, you must be starving." He laughs and I nod.

We both sit down to eat, watching as Soo-hyun tried to adjust to all of the guys.

I knew exactly how she felt and it was scary. It would defiantly take time for her to get use to us.

As we ate, the guys made small talk. I nibbled on the food as I thought back on what Jungkook had said to me earlier that day.

I knew he was worried and I also knew how badly he didn't want me in this life but my family was here.

I couldn't just leave the guys, they're all I have besides Jungkook. I can't just let that go, I wont.

My thoughts were cut short as a piercing scream filled the empty space around us.

"What is-" But by then I had already jumped up, jolting up the stairs towards the sound.

I busted through the bedroom door, finding Jungkook thrashing around on the bed, his screams piercing my whole body like a million blades.

"Jungkook, I'm right here. Sh, I'm here." I say as I grab onto him, shaking him awake.

Jungkook's eyes opened, his face red and tear stained. "Y/n...I'm so sorry." Jungkook said, tears falling down his cheeks as he clung to me.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm right here." I say, holding him closely to my chest.

"What's wrong? What happened?" I hear and tear my head to see all of the guys standing in the doorway, their faces covered in a thick sheet of terror and worry.

"It's okay, everything is fne." I say, flashing them a sad smile as I rock Jungkook back and forth softly.

My eyes meet Yoongi's who lets out a sigh as he leans against the wall, knowing everything about what had been going on.

"Okay everyone, go back to the dining room. Everything is fine." Yoongi says as he motions the people away.

Concerned but listening, the guys left. As I looked back, I noticed one person hadn't.

Standing there was Soo-hyun, a look of confusion on her face.

"What's wrong with him?" She asks, taking a step into the room.

I looked down at Jungkook to see him staring into empty space, zoned out.

"It's nothing, he's okay." I say as I shield Jungkook's head from their view.

Soo-hyun looks up at Yoongi then over at Jungkook and I.

Before she can speak, Yoongi does. "Stay with him, I can handle this." He says and I nod and thank him.

Once He and Soo-hyun disappear from the room I look down at Jungkook and let out a small sigh.

I thought this was getting better. I thought he was going to be okay...

"Are you alright?" I ask, moving my face in front of Jungkook's view.

Jungkook zoned in on me, his eyes puffy. "I'm sorry, y/n. I know this worries you. I'm so sorry" He says, his voice exhausted.

I frown as I run my fingers through his hair gently. "Don't apologize, its okay. As your girlfriend it's my job to help you through your hard times." I say as I rock him slightly. 

Jungkook lets out a breath as he moves up, still sitting in my lap almost.

"Thank you, y/n, for everything." Jungkook says as he grabs ahold of my hands.

I smile as I lean forward and kiss his cheek. "Of course. I love you, Jungkook. I'll always be here for you, no matter what." I say.

Jungkook smiles as he leans forward and kisses me.

No matter what happened, I would always protect Jungkook.

Whether that be from actual danger or just the danger of his past; I would always protect him.

That is a promise. 

[...]