Competition✗

I'm seriously such a strong believer that everything happens for a reason. I think now god is testing me, trying to make me a stronger person. Things are scary now but trust me, everything happens for a reason. Just remember that. ♡

...

Later that day, Jungkook and I headed downstairs after we finished unpacking.

As we got downstairs we saw everyone gathered around by the front door.

"What's up?" Jungkook asked, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"We have to go. You guys can stay here, we'll take care of it." Yoongi says and I know exactly what he meant.

Jungkook swallowed before standing up straight. "I'll go too."

I looked over at Jungkook, my eyes slightly wide from his words.

"Are you sure?" Yoongi asked, his eyes drifting from Jungkook to me then back.

"I'm sure. I'll come. I'm here after all, aren't I?" Jungkook says, his hair swept over his forehead.

"Okay, if you're sure about it then okay." Yoongi says. Before anyone else can speak, I do.

"I'm coming too."

"No you're not." Jungkook is fast to respond, turning to me with a look on his face that was mixed with many emotions.

"I'm not letting you go out there by yourself. Besides, I'm part of the mafia too. I've been through all the training. There's no reason I'm unable to help." I say.

"I said you're not going, y/n. Don't try to fight me on this." Jungkook says, his words serious.

"Yoongi, back me up here." I say, my eyes shifting to meet Yoongi's.

Jungkook snapped his head in Yoongi's direction as if daring him to answer me.

"I'm sorry, y/n. You heard him." Yoongi says.

"That's not fair. I want to protect you too. I need to make sure you're safe. All of you for that matter." I say.

Jungkook looked at me before moving forward and pulling me into his arms.

"I promise i'll come back. I swear that to you so don't worry, okay." Jungkook says.

I look at Jungkook before looking back at the others.

Sighing, I finally nod. As much as I didn't want Jungkook to go out there, I know I wouldn't be able to stop whatever happened.

"I'll be back, okay?"Jungkook says as he looks down at me. "You better be." I say and Jungkook smiles and nods.

"I promise." Jungkook says as he leans forward and kisses me.

When he pulls away he turns to the guys. "Okay, let's go."

I clench my jaw as I watch them walk out the door one by one. Before I knew it, they were gone.

Deep down I knew everything would be fine but couldn't help but have that feeling that it wouldn't...

...

Nearly two hours had passed since the guys had left and every passing minute felt like a whole year.

I wanted to see them all here safe and sound and when they weren't by my side, I felt worried sick.

In the midst of my worrying, I heard a knock on my bedroom door.