Family✗

y/n"

After awhile of catching up, the guys dragged Jungkook off somewhere, despite his protests.

In that time, Yoongi and I headed to Jungkook's old office to talk about things too.

"Like the new office? I always imagined what it would be like to call this my own and now I can." Yoongi says, looking around his office in awe.

"It's nice, I'm happy for you. Although I really wish you hadn't chose this path, I can't stop you." I say as I take a seat in front of Yoongi's desk.

There was so many memories here. This was the room I was dragged into on the very first day I was brought here.

This was the room in which I leaned the truth. This was the room my mother was murdered in...

Every inch of this house was nothing but a painful reminder of the things I had lost and the things I had been through.

"I understand why you worry. You have every right to, but like Jungkook, I was born into this. This is my fate, y/n, no mater how it ends." Yoongi says, an almost lost expression on his face.

I sigh as I look up at Yoongi. "Just promise me you'll try to get out. Maybe not now, but in the future. Promise you'll get married, have kids, and live a normal happy life." I say.

Yoongi looked up at me, his eyes meeting mine. "I can't promise you that, y/n. Not now." Yoongi says.

I let out a breath as I lean back In the chair. "This life is never easy, is it?" I ask.

"No, it isn't." Yoongi says, brushing the hair out of his eyes.

"Then promise me this," I start, gathering Yoongi's attention once again.

"Find a way to be happy. Whether that be this life, your family here, or just in general. Please, Promise me you'll always be happy." I say, my eyes on his.

Yoongi smiled, his eyes lighting up. "This is why we love you. You're too kind hearted for your own good. Truly, you are the best little sister anyone could ever ask for."

My heart warmed at Yoongi's words. He really did think so highly of me.

"You're the best big brother a girl could have too." I say which earns a smile back from Yoongi.

"Now that the sappy stuff is out of the way," Yoongi starts, laughing slightly as he sits up.

"How is he? Like truthfully, how is he?" Yoongi asked, his eyes filling with concern.

I knew instantly he meant Jungkook.

"He's managing." I say, my chest instantly sinking as I thought back on how Jungkook had been since I got back.

"He took what happened very hard. It was really bad. He wouldn't even talk to any of us after he left the mafia." Yoongi said, a sadness in his words.

"He was self destructing and he even threatened to take his own life too." Yoongi says and I feel tears sting my eyes at his words.

"I was so scared for him, y/n. When we thought you died, everyone took it hard but he completely lost it. I had never seen him like that before, not even with Ji-eun." Yoongi says, tears glistening his eyes.

"When I got back, he was in shock. He barely even talked to me because he couldn't process how I was alive. He thought he was imagining me. Now he's still trying to cope with everything else. It's still so bad..." I say, my heart hurting.

"How bad?" Yoongi asked, sitting up in his seat. I let out a breath as I speak again.

"Every night he wakes up screaming from nightmares. He's traumatized, haunted by the horrid memories." I say, thinking back to the countless times I had woken up to Jungkook screaming and having to cradle him in my arms till he was okay again.

"Is it not getting any better? It's been months since you've been back, right?" Yoongi asked, concerned.

"It isn't. I want him to be okay, of course, but nothing seems to be working. I don't know what else to do." I say then continue with:

"I love him so much and seeing him hurt like this is killing me inside. I just want him to be okay again, Yoongi." I say, tears filling in the brim of my eyes.

Before Yoongi can speak, the door opens, revealing Jungkook.

"I didn't know I was burdening you so much..." Jungkook says, a blank look on his face.

I quickly stood, joining his side and pulling his into a hug. "You're never a burden to me, Jungkook. I'm just worried about you." I say sadly.

Jungkook rose his arms and wrapped them tightly around me. "I thought I would be okay since you came back but it isn't getting better. I don't know what else to do." Jungkook says, his voice shaking.

"It's going to be hard. I can't tell you if this pain will ever go away but for now, all you can do is try to overcome it." Yoongi says, standing and making his way over to us.

"What if I never can?" Jungkook asked as he pulled back but didn't let go of me.

"Then you don't. In this business, we knew coming into it that things would get hard. You just have to see the brighter side." Yoongi says.

"Y/n is alive, Jungkook. She's living and breathing right here. She's right by your side and she isn't going anywhere." Yoongi says, his words soft but serious.

Jungkook looked up, his eyes meeting mine. "Not just that, but we're all here. Your family, y/n, we're all here. You have us and don't you ever forget that." Yoongi says as his own eyes begin to get glossy.

"Thank you, Yoongi, that really means a lot." Jungkook says, visually relaxing.

"I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. You're not alone anymore." I say as I cradled Jungkook's head against my chest like a baby.

Jungkook lets out a breath then takes in a new one, as if releasing all of his bad memories right then and there.

If only it were that easy.

"I'll be okay. Really, I will be." Jungkook said as he pulled back to look at me.

I smiled and nodded. "I know you will be. You're strong, you always have been." I say as I brush away Jungkook's tears.

Jungkook smiles as he leans forward and kisses my forehead. "I love you." He says, his words soft.

I smiled as my heart warmed from his words. The words that meant so much to me.

"I love you too, always."

...

After a bit more catching up, I decided it had been enough of being in this house for the both of us.

"You're leaving already?" Jimin asks, frowning as he throws himself at Jungkook and I, hugging us both.

"We''ll see you guys soon, I promise." I say and Jungkook nods.

"It was nice seeing you again, we were all really worried." Hosoek says as he looks over at Jungkook.

"I know, I'm sorry." Jungkook says. Hoseok shakes his head as he makes his way over and hugs Jungkook tightly.

"Just don't disappear like that again. We're family, Kook. We're always here if you need us. Don't push us away." Hosoek says.

"I won't." Jungkook says as he hugs Hoseok back. You could tell how much the guys had missed Jungkook and how worried they had been.

"Good, Then I expect to see you soon. You better not break that promise." Jin says, frowning as he clings to Namjoon's side.

"I won't, I swear." Jungkok says and I smile as I hold onto his arm.

"Ready?" Jungkook asks as he looks down at me. I nod then look back at everyone else.

"Be safe, you two. If you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask." Yoongi says as he smiles at the both of us.

Jungkook nods before looking over at me and motioning his head towards the door.

I wave goodbye to everyone before letting Jungkook guide me out,

Letting him take us home.

[...]