Cautious✗

--Jk

After I picked y/n up, the car ride felt awkward as neither of us spoke.

I knew I had to apologize. I needed y/n to know how sorry I was for everything that had happened.

"Listen," I start, glancing over at y/n who was staring out the window, a blank expression on her face.

Y/n then glanced over, her eyes meeting mine before she looked away.

"I really fucked up yesterday, I know that. I got frustrated and acted on my old ways." I say as I look out at the road.

Y/n didn't say anything. "I'll apologize as many times as I have to. I'm so fucking sorry." I say, my heart aching.

"You really scared me, Jungkook. I was terrified. It was like I didn't even know who you were." Y/n says, her voice low and distant.

Her words struck right at my heart, cutting me like a thousand knifes.

"I'm so sorry, y/n. If I could take it back I would. I was so stupid." I say, my voice shaking slightly.

"It's okay if you hate me, I hate me too." I say, my voice dropping to a slight whisper.

Y/n let out a breath as she turned her head to me. "I don't hate you, Jungkook. You know I never could." She says.

"What I did was so horrible and I'll never forgive myself for it. I'm a horrible boyfriend." I say.

I was taken by surprise as y/n reached over and rested her hand on mine.

"You're not a horrible boyfriend. Yeah what you did was wrong and it really scared me but you're not a bad boyfriend. I don't hate you, I never could, even if you wanted me to." Y/n says.

I looked over at her as we pulled up at our house. I turned the car off and let out a breath.

"I love you y/n and I'm so sorry." I say. Y/n looks at me, her eyes sad.

"I know." She says and her not saying it back was enough for me to know that this would still take time. The wound was still too fresh.

"Let's get inside." Y/n says as she moves back and gets out of the car.

I let out a breath as I get out too, following her inside.

Once we get inside, y/n heads off in the direction of our bedroom then disappears down the hall.

I sigh as I sit down on the couch, feeling upset. I knew y/n wasn't going to get over this right away and I didn't expect her too.

What I did was horrible. So horrible. I felt disgusted with myself and I was lucky y/n even came back here with me.

Leaning back into the couch, I stared at the ceiling. No matter how hard I tried, I was always doing something that let y/n down and I hated myself for it.

...

Y/n"

As I showered I couldn't get Jungkook's upset face out of my head. I know what happened was affecting him more than it had affected me.

Yes, it was wrong and I was still shaken up about it but I knew Jungkook was beating himself up over it.

The last thing I wanted was for Jungkook to hate himself over something like this.

I knew he regretted it deeply and I also knew I wasn't able to be mad at him any longer. 

Before me, Jungkook was use to sleeping around and not caring about how others were affected by his actions.

Before Jungkook had met me, things were way different. Although I couldn't fully understand his past, I knew it was a hard one.

Now Jungkook was a changed man but of course his past would always be a part of him, no matter how hard he tried to change.

Sighing, I finished up my shower then got dressed. Once I got out to the living room I saw Jungkook seated on the couch, staring off into space.

I let out a breath as I speak. "Have you eaten?" I ask, knowing he didn't eat at Yoongi's when I had.

Jungkook snapped back to reality as he looked over at me. "I haven't." He says.

"What do you want? I'll make it." I say. Jungkook smiled as he stood and made his way over to me.

"My favorite?" He asked, grinning slightly. I couldn't hold back my smile as I nodded.

"Can I?" Jungkook asked as he took a step towards me. I knew he was being cautious now.

I looked at him as he stood before me then I nodded. Jungkook took a step closer and pulled me into his arms. 

As Jungkook hugged me I let my arms hang loosely around his waist.

When he pulled back he gave me a soft smile. "Thank you." Jungkook says as he holds me in his arms a moment longer before pulling away and leaning against the counter.

I nod before moving to make Jungkook's favorite food. As I cooked, I felt Jungkook's eyes watching me but I didn't mind.

Once I was finished I sat down and watched as Jungkook happily ate.

Despite what had happened, My heart would still beat for Jungkook only.  I knew I could never hate Jungkook.

Never.

[...]