Head Hunter

>>Clio

Jackpot!!!

I dashed out of the bustling streets, my heart pounding with exhilaration. The crisp evening air brushed against my cheeks as I hurriedly made my way towards the towering building. Dark clouds were assembling in the sky so I was more than happy that I finished my job before the weather got bad. The polished marble floors sparkled under my feet as I ran through the corridors to enter the area my company was renting.

"Hey!" One of the workers there noticed me, "Our pretty boy's back!" Almost everyone was leaving the office at that time but they waved at me when they saw me.

"Hi!" I waved back at them and went over to the Boss's office. Everyone knows me as a pretty boy but no one actually knows that I'm not a 'boy'. I'm a girl

I have my reason for pretending to be a guy and I really hope I survive doing this.

I've been working for NL News for quite some time now and the sole reason for that is because of the Boss. I rapped my knuckles against the door of his office and waited for his response.

He always tells me to knock, but he's the boss, so, of course, I should knock before I enter the room even though we're not just boss and employee.

"Come in," A deep voice answered after a short gap and I opened the door.

"Nolan!" I ran up to my boss's desk, "I did it!" I took off the DSLR camera around my neck and opened the screen, "I caught the shot!" I was so excited to show it to him that I didn't notice Cherelle, his dark-haired, blue-eyed secretary, in the room.

"Cherelle," It was only when Nolan spoke to her did I pause and turned my head to her, "You can leave," I saw her standing near the wall, not far from us.

"Yes," She cleared her throat and adjusted her clothes, "I'll get back to work."

She began to walk towards the door to leave and I think I saw something odd.

Why were her knees red?

"Clio," I looked at Nolan when he called my name, ignoring everything else.

"Yes?" I answered.

He patted his thigh, "Come on," He smiled at me making my heart skip a beat, "What were you going to show me?"

"Ah!" I walked around the desk, "Yes," Slowly and softly I took my place and sat down on his left thigh shyly, "I got the shot." I spoke in a lower tone as I got the picture of the celebrity couple. They were having an affair even though the woman is married, "Here," I staked out on the roof of a building to get this and it took me three days but as long as Nolan was happy, I didn't care how far I had to go.

A sly smile spread across Nolan's face and he wrapped his arms around my waist, "Well done," He rested his chin on my shoulder, right next to my neck, "Good job," I felt his breath on my skin which made me excited.

"Thank you," I let out a soft giggle.

"This is going to be an exclusive scoop." Nolan let out a soft chuckle and I couldn't help but feel happy. I always do when he praises me like that.

"I did good, right?"

"Very good," He patted my head and I felt proud of myself. Then he took the camera from me to look at the pictures and I kept staring at him. Nolan is good-looking, his wavy brown hair and dark brown eyes have always been appealing to me but for a while now, he's got me wondering about something.

"Nolan," I stared at his face which was only a few inches away from mine,

"Hmm?" He kept his eyes on the screen.