33) Gone

"I have to go on a trip. A work trip. And it's for a week."

"WHAT!" All the Miller kids yelled at once.

"My Law firm is doing a study tour, compulsory for all new workers, and recommended for the rest." He explained.

"And we need to be here why?" Asked Harvey.

"I don't think I really want to leave Jaxon in charge of the rest of them, especially not after the last incident." Hunter glared at Jaxon, making him roll his eyes. "I was hoping you could help." He finished.

"Sure. We can do that, can't we Harvey?" Said Eli.

"Uh, I've been meaning to tell you, I have a footy game in Sydney that week. We're all taking the week off after the game to have some fun there, you know." Harvey said sheepishly.

"NO!!! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!" I yelled at him, hitting his chest as hard as I could. "THAT'S NOT FAIR!"

"OLIVIA! Stop it right now!" Hunter yelled, scaring me. I quickly stopped, but just as fast, got off of Harvey and moved as far away as possible. I ended up sitting right near the TV base, knowing the stairs were nearby if I needed to bolt out of here. (A/N Lounge room up top^^) "Okay, so Harvey can't help, but Eli you think you can?" Hunter confirmed.

"Yeah I can, but I'm still working, and I also have something on one day." Eli said.

"What do you have on?"

"I have an excursion to Geelong, which leaves at 6am and returns 9pm that night. It's on Friday." He explained. God, this was getting worse.

"Right. That's fine, Jaxon should be able to handle that. Right?" Hunter said, sighing in relief. He still had one helper.

"Yeah no problem." Jaxon said casually, but I knew he was already plotting against me in his head.

"So everyone is good with this?" Hunt asked, receiving nods from everyone around the room, but me. When Hunt saw me his expression turned into a grimace.

"When do you leave?" I asked monotonously.

"Sunday." He replied. At least I had a few more days before my death trap began.

Ohhh boy. This was going to be a very, very long week.

................................................................................................................................................................................

Today is Sunday morning. The day Hunter leaves for his stupid work trip.

All of us and Eli were standing outside, watching as Hunter packed his suitcase and bag into the boot of the Uber.

"All of you behave whilst I'm gone." Hunter said sternly, eyeing each one of us in turn. He then gave high-fives and those weird bro-hugs to the boys and Eli. When he got to me, he just stood there looking at me, as if expecting something. Jaxon then appeared beside me and leant down to whisper in my ear.

"Say bye now, or else I will tell the other 2 about our little secret." He threatened. I hastily stepped forward and wrapped my arms around his waist. Yes that was how tall I was against him. He grabbed underneath my shoulders and lifted me up so that he was face to face with me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and nuzzled my head in.

"Do you have to leave?" I whispered, holding back the tears.

"Yes, I do. But I wish I didn't." He sighed, rubbing my back. "But you have Jaxon, Olli, Lachie and Eli all to take care of you. Don't worry ok? It'll be fine." Hunt tried to reassure me.

The car honked, reminding me Hunter had to leave. He put me back down on the ground, kissed my forehead and got into the front seat. He waved back as they drove off, slowly disappearing into the distance.

All of us made our way back inside, and I went directly to my room. I stayed there for the rest of the day, playing on my phone, reading and tidying. I didn't go out once. Not when I heard Lachie leave. Not when I heard Mason and Dylan arrive. Not when Eli said there was lunch downstairs. Not when they offered if I wanted to play footy, which was a really bad idea considering I couldn't play that game to save my life, and they would just continue to tackle me. I just stayed in my room, being sad over the fact my brother was gone, and Jaxon was now my temporary eldest brother.

"Let's go Livi. You're not staying in here for the entire day." Jaxon said as he barged into my room. Without knocking of course. I didn't respond, just groaned and flipped the other way so I didn't have to face him. "Oh don't be like that! It isn't my fault he's gone." He came and sat next to me, rubbing my back.

"But he's gone. What if something happens to him?" I asked jaxon, my lip quivering and my eyes turning glossy.

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't cry Liv. Nothing is going to happen to him, okay? He's just going away for a week, then coming home and everything will turn back to normal yeah?" Jaxon said, hoisting me up on his lap. "Let's go somewhere. Just us." He suggested.

"Ok." I said quietly. "Where?"

"I think I know." He said, placing me on my feet and standing up. I followed him downstairs, where he quickly told Eli we weer going out, then out to the car.

We drove in silence, the radio filling the gap in a nice way. Taylor Swift's new song 'ME!' was playing, and I was in love with it, soaking up every note.

We sat in the car for about 20 minutes before we got to our final destination. I smiled as I took in the scene in front of me.

"Are you going to get out, or just sit there?" Asked Jaxon playfully. He was already on my side and had opened the door for me. I got out and walked with him to our favourite sea side shop. Pelicans. The fish and chip shop.

We ordered salted chips, then walked over to sit by the shore. As I sat there in silence, watching the water rush up and down the sand, me eating chips, I kept thinking.

"Do you care he left?" I asked Jaxon, turning to face him.

"You mean Hunter?" He asked, I nodded. "Of course, he's my brother."

"Yeah but you know. He's more like your friend and teammate. Only you love him, and you live with him."

"That's true," he chuckled. "But it does scare me. I'm not responsible enough to look after 3 kids all on my own."

"Why? You're 18." I asked.

"Yes, I'm 18. But mentally I'm not 18. I couldn't look after you by myself for a week. You need attention and affection. I don't do that." He said, trying to regain his tough image. I ignored it.

"But Olli and Lachie would be there. What's the difference?"

"You know me Liv." He sighed and turned to face me. "Look at what happened the other day. You tried to keep a tiny secret from me and I flipped out and punched you. Imagine what I'd do if you actually did something." He chuckled under his breath, then stopped talking about himself. "Why didn't you tell me you chose dance anyway?" He looked at me seriously, but I didn't answer, just looked back to the ocean. He gently grabbed my chin and turned my head back to him.

"Because..." I whispered.

"Because what?"

"Because you always make fun of me! Ever since I was dancing when I was little you would always tease me about my moves. Saying I looked silly or it wasn't a sport and it was a stupid thing. Why would I show you the thing I love most if you're going to make fun of it! Your opinion matters to me. Just like Hunter's, Olli's and Lachie's." I finished.

"I'm sorry." He said genuinely.