89) Miss Sassy

After at least two or three minutes of me patiently waiting outside the door, playing with Bailey, I heard a loud voice.

"LACHLAN MILLER I AM COMING TO GET YOU RIGHT NOW!" Hunter boomed.

Uh oh. 

Hunter opened the door with his stern face and a rigid body.

"What happened?" I asked.

"It's best you stay out of it for now." He replied, seemingly furious. He grabbed the car keys and yelled. "JAXON! Look after Livi I'll be back!"

Jaxon didn't reply but with the volume of Hunter's voice it was guaranteed he was heard. Since it was getting to dinner time, I was hungry and I had nothing else to do, I decided I was going to make dinner. I decided I was going to make pasta, but we didn't have the spirally pasta which was my favourite, so I decided I wanted to go to the supermarket to get it.

"Jaxon." I knocked on his door for the third time today.

"Yes baby." He sighed, sick of me interrupting him.

"Can you take me to the store?" I asked.

"Dylan's still here." He laughed slightly. "Ask Olli to take you. You can walk. It's not like I have the car anyway."

"Fine." I huffed. "Olli can you take me to the store please?" I used my puppy dog eyes.

"Nice try."

"Please, please, please! I'm making dinner."

"Will you do all the dishes even though it's my turn?" He tried.

"No. If you take me, I will be your best friend."

"Ha! I don't want to be your best friend baby. Sorry 'bout that." He smirked. "I will go with you to the store if you do the dishes tonight."

"Seriously?" I groaned. He raised an eyebrow and waited. "Fine."

"Great. We can both get changed and go."

"I don't need to get changed." I smiled, admiring my Oodie. "I am not going with you if you wear that." I glared but did what I was told.

I quickly went to my room, where I found my phone, and took one of Jaxon's last season football hoodies and put on my Nike pros. The hoodie went ¾ of the way down my thighs so I thought I would get away with having effectively no pants on.

"What are you wearing?" Scoffed Jaxon who had moved downstairs with Dylan. They seemed happier than they were before.

"Clothes, duh." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, miss sassy. Put some pants on." Jaxon replied, Dylan laughed.

"Good try tiny." Dylan smirked.

"I have pants on." I showed them.

"Those are not pants." He rolled his eyes before focussing on something that wasn't me.

"LIVI! Do what Jax says!!" Olli yelled. I huffed again before racing upstairs and grabbing my leggings. I put them on and raced back downstairs.

"Take Bailey with you." Said Jaxon before we left. I grabbed his lead and we headed out.

"So, nearly Christmas huh?" Olli spoke.

"I know! I'm so excited!" He smiled at me.

"What do you want?"

"Don't laugh." I warned and he nodded. "I want a white iPhone 11 pro."

"Don't we all though. You could just say to Hunter that that is what you really want, and you don't need anything else if you get that. Then you could just get the phone and the present from secret Santa."

"Yeah, I don't think he'll say yes though. What about you?"

"Same to be honest. I have everything I need but my phones starting to get really slow and crappy. It'd be good to get it before I finish high school too."

"I can't believe Jaxon is about to start his final exams and then you're starting year 12. Sometimes it just feels like everything is going so fast."

"I can't believe it either. And you're starting year 8. You're still such a baby."

"I'm thirteen!" I protested as we arrived at the supermarket.

"Baaaaby." He laughed, grabbing a basket.

"What are we getting?"

"The spirally pasta..."

"You mean Fusilli." He chuckled.

"Anyways, the spirally pasta and pesto. We ran out."

"And pine nuts."

"No. The pine nuts are yucky."

"They're the best bit!" He exclaimed and I pretended to gag. An old lady gave me a funny look.

We quickly went around the supermarket and got all the ingredients we needed.

"Anything else?" Asked Olli.

"Chocolate." I smiled.

"I will buy you chocolate on one condition."

"Okay." I grinned, listening intently.

"It is ours and ours only. We get half each and you have to promise not to tell anyone at all. Even when you're sleepy and start spilling secrets, you can't tell Hunter or Jaxon."

"So I can tell Lachie?" I giggled.

"No. No one."

"Can I tell Noah?" I asked, just to be annoying as we walked to the confectionary aisle.

"Livi." He groaned. "Why Noah though?" He smirked, turning to me.

"No reason. Which chocolate?"

"Crunchie, now stop changing the topic." I ignored him and grabbed a normal sized block of Cadbury Crunchie chocolate and put it in the basket. "Livi." He smirked.

"Olli." I replied as we walked to the self-serve checkout to pay. We each had a family account card which was to be used for supermarket and food that was for all the members of the family.

"C'mon. You can tell me can't you."

"It's nothing."

"Are you two dating?" He asked.

"No." I said plainly, not acting like it was a big shock.

"But you're going to be dating?" I didn't say anything. "Livi c'mon." He said, paying and grabbing the printed receipt.

"I don't know, Olli, I can't predict the future." I replied dramatically, going to untie Bailey from the pole outside the store.

"Sure, sure. Whatever you say." He laughed, letting it go. I was glad he didn't press me anymore.

We walked home having little conversations as we went. Thankfully we didn't run into anyone we knew, and Hunter still wasn't home by the time we got back.

"Do you want me to help you?" Asked Olli as we walked through the door.

"If you want to eat the pine nuts then you can cook them, and you can help me drain the pasta once it's cooked because it's too heavy for me to do it."

"Weak." He ruffled my hair and we got to work.