Forget the past. Enjoy right now!

Melanie's POV

I sat in the corner, curled in a ball.

I would not cry because I promised the moon goddess I would be strong and be ready for anything that got in my path.

Jaxon, the alpha, had left already to deal with a rouge problem. Apparently they wanted to start a war with this pack.

'Angel are you alright?'

'Of course I'm not,' she cried.

'Its okay we don't need him.'

'Melanie, none of this is okay. The rouges want to fight, our mate has left us and your pre-'

'Both of the babies are dead, what are you talking about? I'm not pregnant.'

'Shit, I'm so sorry Mel. Y-your, um,'

She took a deep breath.

What is she talking about? I'm not prego, both of my boys died.

'Moon goddess forgive me. Listen both of your boys died, that doesn't mean the girl did.'

I sat with my mouth open.

I was frozen. A girl? A baby girl?

Mateless with a baby.

Wonderful. Note the sarcasm.

'Your lying.'

She had to be lying. The doctors said I lost all of the babies. I blocked my wolf out and thought about the information I was just given. The dream I had on the first day of the little girl, I think her name was Amber.

I thought about how much Jaxon acted like he loved me. The day we were announced alpha and Luna. And finally, I thought about what just happened, my mate rejected me.

He beat and used me.

I lifted myself off the ground.

I'm a stronger person now. I don't need my mate. And I defiantly don't need the drama that comes with being a part of this pack.

Guess there's only one thing to do.

I have to leave.

Taking a deep breath, I slowly walked up the stairs that I would never get to walk up again.

Once at the top, I made my way to the alpha's room and picked out a big bag out of the closet.

I have money so I won't need to bring much.

Stuffing the bag with as much as I could I grabbed my favorite picture of Alyssa and I, before going down stairs and putting on my jacket. I saw Addelyn in the living room and I put her in her carrier and gathered up all her stuff in my bag.

I zipped my coat up, grabbed the carrier and took my first step outside. Then a second and third.

I'm free. I can make it. No one can stop me.

Seeing Jaxon kissing Holly broke my heart even more, but I never stopped.

I slipped the bag over my shoulder and put my free hand in my pocket.

It was freezing out and I should've grabbed gloves.

I felt something small in my jacket pocket. Pulling it out I saw what it was. Joe's phone number that he gave me at the mall. He said if I needed anything, just call.

Joe seemed like a nice guy, not one of those creepy stalker people who liked to kidnap little girls.

I glanced at the paper in my hands several times as I jogged away from my old home.