Chapter 2 ~ Information

28th of April 1776

~Y/N's pov~

It had only been two weeks since the war had started and conspiracy and rumours had already started to float around Britain.

It was a childish game of trying to works out who were the 'rebels' and who were loyalists. But I didn't worry. As a young woman of 23, O would be one of the last people suspected of 'treason'.

So I was calm, and I did fret over anything. And that was how I was now. Quiet with not a care in the world for what was happening around me. Not because I didn't care but because if I were to win this game I would need to be silent.

I smiled and glared at my book deeper. The sun from outside the window was setting and I yawned leaning back on my chair.

"Y/N!" My mothers voice called out and I sat up closing my book. "Yes Mother!" I called out in reply standing up. My mother's footsteps soom began and I she walked up to me. "Go to the front gate and fetch you cousin. She'll be waiting there for you." She explained. I nodded and put down my book walking towards the door.

I unlocked the door and walked out, the wind blowing coldly. I quickly reached my arm inside and grabbed a coat, swinging it across my shoulders. I closed the door behind me and slid on my boots. I breathed in the air once more and admired the colours of the sun setting and changing. I soom began walking down the dirt path leading to the far gate. Each step slower and slower as I childishly sunk my boots into the mud.

I continued walking until the sight of my cousin Ella leaning against the faded stone wall came into view. "Y/N!" Ella smiled and I opened the gate hugging her tightly. "Nice to see you Ella." I smiled and Ella giggled leaning against my back. "I told you I'd get to your height." she moved her hand above her head and I scoffed.

She pressed herself of my back and she smiled. "So then last one to the house is a rotten egg?" she smiled. I grinned and I nodded. "Let's go." she called out and we both began running up the muddy path.

Ella held her baby blue dress close to her waist and her ashy brown hair flowed in the wind. "Hey!" I called out as her shoes flicked mud towards me. She giggled and her feet raced getting closer to the door. My legs ached slightly and my lungs became heavy but I carried on in hopes to catch up to her.

Ella's pale hand reached the front door and her tapped the wood. "Winnnner!" I quickly caught up amd her blue eyes glared at me.

"Tsk, Y/N. Even now I can still beat you at a simple foot race." I glared at her and she tapped my shoulder.

"How on earth are you going to get a husband Y/N. You must have another redeemable quality." She spoke. I nudged her playfully and skidded of my boots. "What's the point of a husband. Just some guy to procreate with isn't it?" I sarcastically smiled. Ella flushed red and I openthe door to my mother. "Aunty M/N. Tell Y/N here that she should get a husband soon." She playfully demanded. My mother laughed and she patted Ella's shouldder pulling her in. "Ahh, my Y/N isn't the marrying type you see, I've tried Ella but I think Y/N wants to be single." My mother explained.

I walked inside and my eyes met with Ella. "My Mother's speaking the truth. I see no point in husbands." I remarked. Ella pouted and she folded her arms following me into the kitchen. "But Y/N the world needs more of you. I WANNA SEE YOUR BEBES." She looked at me and I chuckled sitting down. "Ok , well I think we should sit down." Ella nodded and we both sat down at the dinner table. My father soon joining in.

"Ahh Ella how are you? Is America treating you well?" My father smiled. Ella grinned and she grabbed her cutlery. "Very fine, Uncle D/N." My father smiled and he looked at me. "Y/N I need to tell you something." I turned to him and Ella's face turned awkwardly.

"What's wrong father?" I questioned. He smiled and handed me a piece of paper. "I think I know a way for you and your cousin to help win this war." I looked down at the piece of paper and Ella turned awkward nervously looking at ny mother. I unfolded the piece of paper and my dad eye watched me, awaiting for me to see the words written on the page.

I quickly scanned over it and smiled at my father.

"I'm going to spy on the King."