Chapter 8 ~ Charles

28 of May 1776

~Y/N pov~

Today was my day off. In fact, every Sunday is the day I get a break from cleaning. Ella and I were on our own in our room. Samuel was with the King probably planning something. It was almost the end of May, meaning we've been here for almost a month. This was starting to concern me as Charles the pigeon had not arrived yet. I decided instead to just draw.

I looked out the window from where I was sitting and began to draw the sight. Ella was behind me watching me draw, "Wow Y/N I almost forgot how good you were at drawing. Maybe when we go home you could become an artist." I laughed but not because it was silly but because that is what I wanted. I want to travel to America and live in a small cottage in the country like a did before, and paint the landscape. It was a dream of mine that I always wanted, it was my will to not royally screw up this plan.

While I was daydreaming I heard a tap on the window. It was Charles, the pigeon. I quickly opened the window and let Charles in. I held him and pulled off the paper attached to his leg. I unfolded it and read it.

Dear Elizabeth,
Your uncle would like you to get a painting for him, of the flowers that he gave his daughter. Please send it to me.

Love, Edward Jonathan

I looked at the letter, my uncle wanted battle plans. I had no idea where they were and if they had them, it would be in a secure place.

Ella looked at me concerned, "Y/N what's wrong?" I smiled, your father has set us our first mission, steal battle plans." Ella's eyes widened," We have to do that!?" I looked at her but she turned around, "I-I just don't know if I could do that to Sam." I lowered my gaze and stared at my hands. I'll have to do it then. What was the point of her being here again?

"Good afternoon everyone ." Samuel walked in holding a scroll of paper. I looked down at the paper and pointed at it, "Excuse me Samuel but what is that?" He smiled innocently and kind of scared. Did I scare him? "Oh, it's nothing just some battle plans." My eyes lit up. This is exactly what I needed.

Samuel then walks over to a chest and opened it up. He chucked the scrolls in the chest and locked it. He slid the key in his pocket and he sat down next to Ella.

You now knew the location of the plans, all you had to do was acquire them. Sam saw you starting at the plans. "Are you ok there Y/N?" I looked up at him, "Oh I'm fine, thank you."

"Hey, guys how bout' we go to the garden and play tag like last time." I smiled at Ella, "Of course, come on let's go." Ella and I ran dragging Samuel along with us.

When we made it to the garden we all ran off in different directions. It was my turn first, so I let them have a head start. After five seconds I started to chase after them. I went for Ella first as she was the slowest.

I ran through the maze and quickly caught my cousin. One down, one to go. I chased after Samuel as fast as I could and after only one minute I caught him.

"Wow Y/N you're really good at running." Ella smiled. I laughed and I tapped her on the shoulder. "Well since I got you first your it." She laughed and Samuel and I ran off.

After a while Ella finally caught Samuel. He obviously gave up as he decided to walk. It was funny to you but you couldn't let yourself get distracted. Ella kept trying to run after you but after a while, she gave up. "Y/N I give up." I giggled and walked towards both of them.

Looks like I win.

~King George's pov~

I had just finished my meeting with Samuel. I was now relaxing on the balcony that was overlooking the gardens. I sighed but then something caught my eye.

It was Y/N, Ella and Samuel. They were running around in the garden again. I decided to join them, I had nothing to do anyway. I walked away from my balcony and walked to the garden.

When I finally reached the garden. Samuel was making feeble attempts to catch Y/N but he was obviously lacking the skills to do that. I laughed to myself and Ella who was sitting a few feet in front of me turned around.

She looked mortified, and she leapt up. "IMSOSORRYYOURMAJESTY!!!" I laughed causing Samuel and Y/N to halt. "Could I join in?" I looked at them. Samuel smiled, "Of course your Majesty, in fact, you could be the chaser instead. Ella and I keep failing when trying to catch Y/N." I smiled, "Of course I will." Y/N and Samuel then ran off. I pulled off my cape and then started to count

1...
2...
3...
4...
5!

I ran and headed for Samuel. I would go for the slower runner first. I ran around and after only a few minutes I managed to catch him. Samuel sighed in defeat and walked to where Ella was. Samuel next to her it was obvious he liked her.

It was just me and Y/N. I ran in her direction now trying to catch her. She was pretty fast for someone in a dress. I quickly caught up to her but she tricked me. She took a sharp right and headed to the back of the maze. But I knew a quicker way and I ran to the left, keeping only a foot distance from Y/N. She kept running until she reached the end. She then headed up the left path where I was. She ran straight into my trap, I quickly realised that she was running straight at me and I quickly braced myself. She ran into me and I lost my balance falling onto her.

She was blushing awkwardly and looked very shocked. I stared at her for a bit and then lifted myself off her. I stood up and lifted her arm up. She stood up and bowed respectfully, "I'm sorry your Majesty for doing such a thing." I smiled she was adorable when she tried to act so formal. I looked at her and hugged her.

~Y/N's pov~

My eyes widened. Was he hugging me? I looked to my right and saw Samuel and Ella in shock. What was the King doing? He then stopped and looked down at me, "You really don't have to be formal, trust me I'm a person to." I looked up at him. What did he mean? He then walked towards where he left his cape, "I'll be going now, that was quite fun." He waves at us and he disappeared. I walked up to Ella and Sam who were equally as confused as I was.

"Hey Y/N are you okay?" Ella rubbed my shoulder. I looked away and walked out of the garden. I needed some time to myself.

Why did he even hug me, was it some sick joke? Well, whatever it is I need to forget what happened. My goal now is to steal that key from Samuel. It may take a while but that's why I'm here.

I'm a spy after all.