Chapter 45 ~ Across The Sea

1st of January 1782

~George's pov~

I sat in the garden, holding and sandwich in one hand while reading. It wad quite boring but I had nothing that was fun to do. I sighed and flicked the page.

I wondered when Y/N and my children would return. Oliver and Ben said they were working on it, but I didn't even know if they had retrieved Y/N yet. I wondered what they'd look like, I mean the last time I saw Frederick he was only two. He's probably 4 by now, and alot can change.

I hope Frederick and Matilda are still the same, personality wise. I know it sounds crazy but I can't wait to see them again. They probably miss me too, well I hope. But they'll see me soon, and Y/N as well. I can't wait to hug them all again, I'll make sure they never leave again.

All those years I suffered waiting for them would be gone, I'd finally get to see them smile.
I giggled to myself with joy as the  thought that any time soon my family would return. I took another bite of the sandwich and flipped the paper. I just wanted my family back, the thing in the world that kept me sane.

It was only a matter of time.

~Ben's pov~

"You had your chance Ben, she was right in front of you."Oliver ranted. I rolled my eyes and rest my chin on my palm, "And cause a commotion? Ollie we were in a big crowd!" I argued. Oliver's green eyes glared at me, "And? That was the reason why I told you to grab her when the fireworks were fired." He spat back.

I furrowed my brow, "And even if we did get her and her daughter, what about her son. You know his majesty needs and heir." I scolded him. "They could always make another one, I mean Y/N's not even that old." He shot back. I rolled my eyes, "There's always next time. And besides my other plan sounds like it'll actually work." I smirked.

"Well then what's your 'plan' Ben?" Ollie rolled his eyes. I grinned and pulled out a piece of paper. "Well on the 15th Y/N's parents and their adopted son are going to a fair out of town. Meaning while there gone we can kidnapped Y/N and her children." I smiled.

Oliver's eyes narrowed and he snatched the piece of paper from me, "Hey-" Oliver stared down at the paper and began to read it. "Not bad, Ben maybe you are right." he smiled and ruffled my black hair. "Told ya!" I giggled. Oliver smiled and his pale face flushed red slightly. Sometimes Oliver could be such a jerk and yet I still thought he was my best friend.

"So what are you going to do with the money?" he asked. I looked at Oliver and smiled, "Move back to England, buy a house. I still want to be a guard though." I explained. "Really? A guard, you could always come to my farm up North, it's not anything special but I'd like company." Oliver laughed. "A farm, I'm not really that good at manual labour." I smiled. "Trust me it's not as bad as it seems, besides with all the money we'll get the farm will probably just be a hobby." He smiled with his emerald eyes.

I leaned back into my seat and stared at the lamp. "Have you ever thought of getting married, to someone." I asked. Oliver turned towards me, "Nah, I never really wanted that kind of life I meam look were it's led George." he spoke. I sighed softly and smiled, "Same." I nervously spoke. I didn't really mean it, of course I don't want to marry someone, because the person I love is next to me. It seems crazy but I love Oliver, I never told anyone. He was the first boy I've ever liked, I've liked other girls before but Oliver was a first.

I knew he didn't feel the same way but I didn't care. Even though I admired him I wouldn't force him into anything. I was fine just being his friend, as long as I keep his eyes in my life I'll be fine.

"What's got you staring Ben." he smiled. I laughed and looked up to the ceiling, smiling at the imperfections in the grainy wood.

You.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slightly shorter chapter today.

I just felt like giving Ben and Oliver more personality than the 'kidnappers' besides I like writing unrequited love stories.

Hehe.