Chapter 23 ~ Wait

~Part one - Finale~

3rd of May 1777

It was almost silent in the castle. Almost anyway. The trio sat in a room all working away. Even Y/N who was due to give birth anytime soon. For months they had been working on their plan and all they had to do was finish writing a few documents and sew the last pieces of fabric.

They were basic travel documents and had fake names one them. But apart from that, they were ready. The newlywed couple and Y/N were ready to escape. All they had to wait for was Y/N to give birth, then when George would least expect them, they would escape to America. It was risky, but if this worked they would finally be free.

"Ella have you finished the dress yet." Y/N asked sewing a plain piece of fabric. Ella smiled, "Oh yeah I have." Y/N smiled and went back to stitching, this was important as the clothes were simple so they didn't stand out. Samuel meanwhile was packing everything and hiding the money they had stolen. Y/N also made sure to take on of her dresses with her as George would guess that was what she'd be wearing.

Their plan was coming along swimmingly, they had a map of the guards' route and a few weapons. The problem was that they also needed one other thing.

It was a key that opened a secret door in the dungeons which reached to the outside. A few months ago they had figured out that George carried the key as an extra precaution. All Y/N had to do was give George a big ol' hug and 'borrow' the key when she had finally had her baby.

And then they'd escape in the simple clothes and run away to America using the fake documents. It wasn't the most creative plan but it was one of the only options.

"Ha this plan is going great, George will never see this coming." Samuel laughed. "Hey stop saying that, you might jinx the plan." Ella ushered Sam. Y/N smiled at the couple who was arguing, they had only been married for a week and already started to argue. Y/N laughed, "Come on you two, let's get to worry. I could go into labour at any time."

Sam and Ella nodded and directed there gaze back to their work. Y/N joyfully hummed in joy, she had been stuck in this castle for more than a year and soon she'd be free. All she had to do was wait for it.

~George's pov~

I sat at my throne, alone. Waiting for my child to be born and dreading the execution of their plan.

I had spent the last few months leaving the trio some 'help'. Of course, I only intended on two people leaving this castle. Keeping Ella and Samuel around was dangerous, ever since I saw Samuel's face when he came back from the colonies. He wasn't loyal to me anymore at yet that didn't bother me.

For the last few months, I have cared for Y/N, looking after her and loving her. I couldn't just let her go. Even after she had repeatedly gone behind my back I still wanted her.

She was also not going to take my child away from me. I knew that she hated me, but I held on to the idea that we could be a loving family. I wanted my child to grow up with happiness and attention.

I didn't want him/her to end up like me. Maybe I could provide my son/daughter with the life I didn't have. I held my forehead and breathed in slowly.

Ever since I had heard the trios plan my anxiety always came to a haunt me again. The paranoia always found its way to me. Ruling a country seemed easy but the constant fear of disapproval plagued me.

Ever since I was born I was ridden with disapproval and yet here I am as the King of England. But I like to believe that the anxious child is still here and I'm just a concoction of stress. I sighed and leaned back in my throne. My crown was half on my head and my cloak creased and flailed around me. All I had to do was wait.