Chapter 37 ~ Blurred Lines

December 1780

"Mommy!" Matilda smiled amd pinched my cheeks. My eyes opened and I looked at my daughter who was sitting on me. "Good Morning Tilly." I smiled and sat up. Matilda giggled and hopped of me. I looked around at the bed, "Where's your brother?" I asked. "He's downstairs talking to some people."

"Oh that's n- Wait what!?" I jumped of bed and rushed downstairs to the bakery. "Frederick!" I yelled out and ran to the counter. Their I saw him talking to Charlotte and Arthur. "Frederick what are you doing." I nervously spoke. "I was talking to them." he pointed at the couple.

"What are you two doing here!? Did George send you!?" I stared at them.  Charlotte and Arthur looked at each other for a moment. "No of course not we were just here for the cake..." Arthur smiled nervously. "Ohhh, yeah I forgot about that. I'll quickly get it." I quickly ducked behind the counter and ran to the storage.

"Here it is." I smiled and handed them the cake. Arthur smiled and handed me a few coins, "Your son is very cute, who's the father?" he said. I awkwardly glanced sideways, "My husband, but he died a few years ago fighting the British." I smiled. Charlotte moved closer, "That's very sad to hear, I send my condolences Ms L/N." she smiled. "Wait how did you know my last name." I questioned.

"Your not very good at lying Ms L/N or should I say Queen Y/N." she smirked. I looked at her in shock, "Shh, Frederick might hear you." Charlotte smiled, "So he doesn't know."

"Well ob- Who do you think you are? I bet your a spy aren't you, that's how you know everything." I flinched away from her. "You really don't recognise me do you?" she smiled.

"Well no, but-" she cut me off. "Does the run away princess strike anything?" I looked at her in shock, "Your the princess who was supposed to marry George!" I gawked.

"Yes, I guess you know why who I am." she laughed. "I'm so sorry Charlotte." I apologised. "No need, I understand your paranoia dear." she smiled. "Is there anything I can do for you, I'm really sorry." I smiled.

"It's ok dear, but I do think we should stay in touch. I think we'd get along." she smiled. "Sure, you can always come to the bakery!" I smiled. "Thank you, and you can come to our home any time as well." she slipped a piece of paper on the table. "Anyway Arthur and I better get going. It was good meeting you Y/N." Charlotte smiled and exited the bakery.

I looked on at the couple and smiled looking at the piece of paper. I scanned it and only a sentence was written on it.

Hi neighbour.

"What?" I turned around at my window and saw Charlotte and Arthur in the house next door.

I laughed and smiled walking back uo stairs, "Come on Frederick."

~Later on~

I held the white envelope in my hands, the sheer thought that George touched the envelope sent a chill up my spine. I took a deep breath and opened the envelope. I looked inside and a letter with some money was attached. I peered around before opening the letter and unfolded it, "Here goes nothing."

Dear, Y/N

It has come to my attention that you are not willing to return to me even after I have pleaded for you too. Even after 2 years I haven't heard a single word from you, I still want you.

But it looks like I'll have to persuade you better. As you are aware, your parents still reside in Britain. And even though there exact location is unknown, I have my ways to find them.

So Y/N if you don't come back to me by the end of the year, I will see it that your parents will be executed. Of course I didn't want it to come to this, but you leave me no choice.

I really love you y/n and I want to see you again, I want to see my son and daughters faces. I want you y/n, I need you.

I promise when you get back I won't punish you too much. Because every night I dream of you and me f-

I dropped the letter in shock and ran to my room looking for paper. I needed to warn my parents before George could get to them.

I raced back to the table and used some ink to scribble down a message.

Mum and Dad,

Get out of Britain now, the King is going to kill you both. Come to New York and live with me, and whatever you do don't stay.

Love, Y/N

I quickly signed the note and slid on my boots, "Mommy were are you going?"

I looked at Frederick and Matilda.

"Saving my parents life."