Chapter 66 ~ Next to Normal

17th of May 1782

~Oliver's pov~

I stared around at the streets, continuing to walk back home. I needed to talk with Ben and most importantly he'd need to explain what the hell was going on.

'Edward' and 'Annalise' were a mystery to me and something about them was off when I first met them. But now with the King wanting me to keep an eye on them, I knew Ben had some explaining to do.

I sighed slightly and walked up to the front door hastily knocking. The familiar light footsteps of Ben soon followed and he smiled opening the door. "Your back!" he grinned. I stared at him and grabbed his arm and pulled him into the kitchen. I quickly shut the door behind me and stared into his almost purple eyes.

"Edward and Annalise, who are they really?" I glared at him. Ben awkwardly shuffled and sat down. "What do you mean?" he mumbled. I furrowed my brow with frustration. "Cut the crap Ben, I know their aliases. Who are they really?" I interrogated him.

Ben gulped slightly and a gust of wind from the window blew past and messed his Black hair. He glanced sideways and got up shutting the window. "Ben!" I glanced at him and he sat back down sighing.

"You know Samuel and Ella Seabury?" he stated slightly. I looked down at him and nodded. "Yes, Samuel Seabury was the King's most loyal subject. And Ella was 'acquainted' with the current Queen." I replied. Ben looked at me and sighed, "Promise me you won't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you." Ben looked at me wide-eyed. I nodded and he gestured for me to sit down.

I sat down and looked at him, "Edward and Annalise are Samuel and Ella. It's just that they really wanted to visit here." he explained. I nodded and he sighed, "So why exactly did you need to know that?" he asked.

I looked at him and glanced slightly at the walls. "I saw Edward and Annalise at the palace today," I explained. Ben gaped slightly, "What, but why are Sam and Ella there?" he asked. I looked at him with the same confusion he had. "I wouldn't know, but that's why I asked you. See the King wants me to keep an eye on them." I explained. Ben looked at me even more confused. "Why would the King even care about them. Even if it was Samuel, wouldn't it be easier to just execute him?" he asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and leant back in my chair. "Whatever the reason, we need to talk to Sam and Ella asap. I have a feeling they aren't in Windsor for sightseeing." I spoke. Ben looked at me curiously. "What do you mean?"

I looked into his blue eyes again. "I think Ella and Y/N are more than acquaintances."

~Ella's pov~

I shakenly walked down the decorated hall holding a tray of food for Y/N. The palace was it's normal self except for the fact that two 'traitors' lay inside. But I didn't bother me, in fact, I felt pretty cool. I was going to save my cousin from the clutches of tyranny and despair. And help her make her dreams come true.

I smiled and walked up to the door of George and Y/N's bedroom. I clenched the door handled and waltzed in not realising Y/N staring at me. I quickly looked up and saw Y/M being hugged by George. I looked at her awkwardly and glanced sideways. George noticed Y/N staring at me and turned around. "Excuse me servant, but why didn't you knock?" he glared at me. I shook slightly and moved the tray of food closer. George smirked and pulled the tray from me sitting it down on the bedside table.

I quickly turned around but George placed his hand on my shoulder. "Excuse me but you're not to leave. I need you to assist my dear with her food." I nervously turned around and bowed. George chuckled and walked over to Y/N placing a kiss on her forehead. I shuddered in disgust and he walked away. The sound of the door clicking and George's footsteps soon fading away.

I ran up to Y/N and hugged her, "Are you okay? Did he do anything to you!?" I questioned her. Y/N smiled slightly and held my face, "I'm fine Ella, it was just a hug." she smiled. I grinned slightly and smiled, "So have you decided yet? Samuel and I's plan is almost complete." I explained. Y/N gaze drifted and she sighed, "I-I just don't know if I should leave."

I looked at her sympathetically and smiled slightly. "It's okay, you can take your time Y/N. But remember you're not on this earth for George. Your parents didn't have you just so you could be with him." I spoke quietly. Y/N's tired face forced another grin. "Ella you don't have to do any of this," she explained. I looked her sadly and stood up, "Be careful Y/N, you don't know what George will be willing to do." I urged her.

Y/N glanced away and sighed walking out. I wanted to help Y/N but she wasn't willing. I just wished she'd realised that she and George could never be together. Because as much as I wanted her to be happy, George wasn't going to help her. Y/N had dreams but not anymore, the hope I once saw in her e/c eyes was gone.

I walked out and wandered around the halls staring at the paintings hanging on the walls. "El- I mean Anna!" My head turned and Samuel was smiling. "Did you get to talk to Y/N?" he smiled. I nodded slightly and he looked at me, "So she still is hesitant. George really does have her under his control." he stared out at the window. "We better get going then, Ben's probably waiting."

I nodded and we began walking out all the way to the gate. Then to the familiar street which lead to Ben's place. We continued down the street in awkward silence. We soon arrived at the door and I walked forward, knocking on the door. I moved my hand away and waited. The door soon opened Oliver glaring at us.

"Care to explain Samuel and Ella Seabury?"