Chapter 11 ~ No Way

4th of June 1776

~Y/N's pov~

My eyes widened with shock as the door creaked open to reveal the King.

I mentally slapped myself as the King greeted us with his usual unsettling smile. I immediately knew were dead meat, in fact I was already mentally preparing for death. But instead of yelling out to the guards, he smiled.

"Hello." he shyly greeted us. My eyes wandered in confusion as Ella and I both stood still.

I felt Ella grab my arm and point to the floor. "And that Y/N is how you polish a floor." I looked at my idiotic cousin. Her quick thinking abilities were more of quick saying things then thinking. I looked up at the King and braced myself for what was to come next.

The King giggled, moving his gloved hand towards his mouth, "It's ok you two. I'm not going to kill you for dancing. Well if you could call stumbling, dancing." He looked at me teasingly. I relaxed slightly, almost losing all fear I had previously. Well almost anyway.

The King grinned and walked towards us putting out his gloved hand, "Well, then I think I can help Ella with teaching you how to dance. After all, I am the King, it was what I was trained to do." I chuckled but then realised his remark was serious, confused I quickly turned and looked at Ella whose face was as blank as mine. I had no choice but agree. "It would be my pleasure your majesty." he then took both of my hands a brought me closer to him.

I shivered slightly as I felt his frame gently press against mine. His hand grabbing my waist as his other hand moved and put mine on his shoulder. The King grinned and smiled directing me to the right.

He smirked at me again with his icy blue eyes staring into mine. I pondered how someone could look so intimidating yet so cheerful? The King then laughed again and moved his head towards my ear "Well then Y/N just follow my lead. Also, try not to step on my feet they really are killing me today." Ella and I awkwardly laughed along with him and we continued to step to the right and back again.

George then started to speed up a bit encouraging me as we almost seemingly floated around the hall. "You're a natural I see, love." He whispered as I felt his hand tighten on my waist. My head felt dizzy, almost nauseous but I kept my head up.

The King and I continued to dance. We slowly spun around the hall and rhythmically shuffled across. George smiled again and pulled ne even closer to him, he grabbed my head and pulled it to rest on his chest. He paused and I did to, both of us standing still as he breathed in.

He then let go and smiled, he placed a kiss on my cheek and spoke.

"You know Y/N I thought today was going to be horrible. Turns out it's not." The King smiled in a more wholesome manner and walked towards the door. I stood still, my cheek that he kissed still tingling slightly.

I breathed in slowly staring at the bright candle from across the room. I felt someone tap my shoulder and I quickly flinched. Ella scoffed and smiled, "So then what was that?" She teased. I flushed red and glared at her, "He was just teaching me to dance." I pouted. Ella grinned and leaned against the wall.

"I wonder what service you must be giving him then when asks to meet him in his room. I'm guessing it's not cleaning." She chuckled I rolled my eyes and walked out of the hall, I was too tired to argue with Ella.

"Y/N! Wait up, I was just kidding." Ella ran up to me. I smiled tiredly and chuckled softly, "I know you are, but still don't ever say that." Ella smirked and we started walkinh to our room.

Life always had its way.

~Next day~

Dear, Sam