Chapter 63 ~ In the Garden we Knew

15th of May 1782

~Y/N's pov~

The sound of my shoes pressing against the dewy grass filled the air as I walked towards the garden. In my hand was the note the servant gave me.

"Meet me at the garden we used to play in. 7:00pm. Don't be late."

But I knew who it was. The only two people on Earth who I used to play in this garden with was Samuel and Ella.

It seemed impossible but they were here and yet the excitement I thought would fill me was not present. Instead, a feeling of hesitation plagued me.

And so I walked slowly to the spot because I was hesitant. I knew they'd ask me to come back to America and yet I didn't know if I wanted to. I loved it there but something chained me here.

I soon found myself dragging my feet to Ella and Samuel as I neared them. The familiar scenery of a garden expanded in my peripheral vision.

For the first time in a forever I was scared. Scared to leave this cursed place.

~Ella's pov~

Y/N's e/c eyes met mine and joy overwhelmed me. I ran up to her and hugged her. "Y/N I'm so sorry for everything and I'm just glad you're still alive !" Y/N smiled slightly and hugged me back. "It's ok." I pulled away and she held the note back.

Samuel grinned at me and we smiled at Y/N awkwardly, only the sound of bugs chirping was heard. I had no idea what to say, Samuel, on the other hand, grabbed the note from Y/N's hand and went straight to the point. "So I guess you know why we're here?" He smiled. Y/N's eyes flickered slightly and she nervously smiled, "Yeah, to take me back. Your insane you know you're going to get yourselves killed." Y/N responded.

I looked at her face and gave her a sympathetic look. "Y/N you've done so much for Samuel and I. We can't just leave you to suffer here." I urged her. Y/N's gaze fell to the ground and her eyes faltered in hope. "Even if I was to leave, getting me out is impossible. George isn't going to let me go, he cares too much." She argued back. I looked at her again and grabbed her face gently.

"Don't worry Y/N, Sam and I have been planning for months to sneak you out. We just need you to be willing to come." I explained. Y/N's hands shook and she looked at Samuel and I, "I'll think about it, give me time okay." she voiced. I smiled softly and let her face go. She turned around and started walking away into the bright light of the palace.

Her head turned quickly and she smiled sincerely, "Be careful." I nodded and her silhouette disappeared. I looked at Samuel with a concerned face.

Let's just hope Y/N's willing leave.

~George's pov~

I stroked Frederick's hair and smiled watching him slowly fall asleep. He was so precious falling asleep and knowing that he was with me was one of the greatest feelings ever. I shifted slightly on the side of his bed and stood up.

Warmth filled my heart as I watched his small face smile, I loved my son, and my daughter but most importantly the woman who gave me them. Y/N may have done bad things to me but in the end, I loved her no matter what.

I slowly walked out of Frederick's room, making sure my footsteps, we're silent. I soon arrived at the door and walked through it almost closing it behind me. I took one last look at Frederick and then closed the door.

Pride and Joy overwhelmed me as I walked down the hall. And unlike before the almost lifelike stares on the walls didn't bother me. I didn't care that what my descendants thought because I had my own family to care about. I smiled proudly again and walked through the halls excitedly. I was excited to see Y/N again and hug her, thanking her for everything.

I walked up to another staircase and grinned happily as I walked down the last hall. But something caught my eye. Y/N instead of being in the room waiting for me was just entering as well. I quickly moved to my right to avoid her sight and let her close the door behind her. My grin faded and soon I felt anxious, why was Y/N not in our room?

My breath started to deepen as I neared the door making sure my footsteps were muffled. My hand reached out and I arrived at the door clenching the door handled slightly.

The door opened and Y/N was laying down peacefully like she hadn't done anything. And that is when my anxiety worsened, Y/N was hiding something. I looked at her and looked around at for any clue to what she was hiding. But nothing alluded to her actions instead everything was as I left it.

My mind didn't care though, it ran in circles thinking of all the things Y/N could have been doing. I quickly ran up to my bed and lifted the blanket moving near Y/N.

I didn't want my thoughts to be true and yet they did. I wanted to know so badly where Y/N went and yet I was afraid Y/N would lose her trust in me. But pushed through and spoke, "Y/N are you okay?"

Y/N didn't respond for a moment but then turned around. Her tired face met mine and she smiled slightly, "I'm fine." I smiled and moved even closer holding her. "I'm glad you are."Y/N smiled and closed her eyes drifting off to sleep. I stayed awake though holding her like I normally did. No matter what I did I felt like Y/N was against me, heck I felt as if she hated me.

I smiled again but with more sincerity. At least I had her in my arms, protecting her from her whatever danger lurked around us. I wanted to keep her safe but yet I didn't know what was going on in her mind. Whether she hated me or was starting to care. But it didn't matter, for now, at least that was what I wanted to think. But the truth couldn't be made any clearer.

Y/N was up to something and I had to do everything to stop her.