Chapter Twenty-Two

Jihyo's PoV

Right after I talked to Daniel, I left the place as I no longer have anything to do there. I drove back to our dorm and arrived there just before lunch, which I told Mina. As I parked my car, I noticed that manager unnie's van is outside. I immediately thought of Y/N since Chaeyoung also mentioned that manager unnie was the one who drove them to the building.

As I entered the dorm, I saw everyone except for Dahyun in the living room. Manager unnie is also in there while Chaeyoung is sitting next to her.

"Chaeyoung, I thought you'll be staying with Y/N for the whole day?"

"She's already in our room and resting," Chaeyoung said.

"She's done with her schedule?"

"No, something happened. Which is why manager unnie is here."

I was so confused as I looked at them. All of them seemed like they are facing a huge problem. I immediately thought about the meeting with Daniel. There's no way someone saw us and already published an article.

Jeongyeon signaled me to sit beside her which I did. They are not talking yet but I can already feel that it's bad news.

"I reported what happened to Pd-nim. And first, he wanted to talk to you personally." Manager unnie said as she's looking at Chaeyoung.

I looked at Chaeyoung too but she didn't seem surprised. When I looked at the others, they are also looking at Chaeyoung as if they are ready to ask why Chaeyoung needs to talk to Pd-nim.

"Second, he said that his holding Y/N's schedule for the whole week. Hopefully, that will give her time to recover."

"Recover?" I asked as I can't take it anymore.

I was a bit of relief knowing that it wasn't what I thought it was. But then when Chaeyoung told me what happened and why manager unnie is there, I felt sick in my stomach knowing Y/N experienced it. I looked at Nayeon and Jeongyeon and as expected they are fuming too. No one wants what happened to Y/N, especially since she's not even that long with us.

"What else did Pd-nim say? Is he taking legal action? That jerk should go to jail!"

"Pd-nim already called for legal advice. Sooner, Mr. Younghae will have to face some charges."

"How's Y/N?" I asked and looked at Chaeyoung.

"She was scared, of course. She was crying the whole time until I brought her back. But I had her calm down already. But until now, she said she wants to stay in the room."

I sighed in distress and shake my head. I can't imagine what she was feeling during that time. If Chaeyoung wasn't with her, it could have been worse.

After that, Manager unnie said that she'll need to go. She just went here to check up on Y/N. Meanwhile, Chaeyoung also left to go with manager unnie but before she left, she asked me if I could take a look at Y/N.

"We'll look after her, just do what you need to do," I said.

I know Chaeyoung was worried too. She was with Y/N when that happened, and it's so messed up, I would feel worried too if I was in her shoe.

As Chaeyoung and Manager unnie left together, Jeongyeon decided to cook for our lunch, and Momo helped her too. I looked at the other girls and until now they looked so affected by it. Which is I understand, but it's not gonna help Y/N it will be like this when she sees us.

"Let's stop worrying now, Pd-nim will do everything for Y/N. It won't help Y/N if she sees us like this."

"I just can't take it, I know Y/N has only been with us for a week but I wanted to protect her," Sana said with teary eyes.

"She doesn't deserve this. She just... she just lost her parents, and now this." Tzuyu said.

"No one does, but we have to stay strong. I know it can be traumatic for Y/N, which is why we need to stay stronger for her."

I looked at Nayeon who was just quiet in the corner as she was also crying.

"Jihyo's right," Mina said.

"You know what else makes me cry? Chaeyoung said she talked to Y/N. She said she understand if Y/N would feel like she doesn't want to continue anymore. But Y/N said that she's not going to leave us. She wants to debut with us, and she'll come back on her training as soon as possible." Nayeon said.

I felt like my heart is being squeezed as I heard what Nayeon said. I didn't expect that this day would be full of happenings. I just wanted to end it so we could start a new one.

"We'll be on her side, she's going to debut with us, and that's final. We already welcomed her, and if she said she'll stay, then she'll stay. No one can break us apart, I won't let that happen."

After that moment, everyone started to think of ways to help out Y/N. I followed Nayeon as she went to her room. Even after our talk, she's still crying.

"Nayeon?"

"Jihyo, why?"

"I know you're still affected by what happened to Y/N. That's why I followed you."

She sat down and sighed deeply before speaking.

"I just hate that I am the oldest but I didn't do anything when that happened. We already knew that that guy is not a good person. Before Y/N, I was so worried about Tzuyu, because she's the youngest and also she was not even raised here. Remember when we had to protect Tzuyu from the weird people who wanted to hurt her? And now, this... with Y/N who's not even a month older here in our country. It just so messed up that even how protective are we, there will always be someone who can doesn't deserve to be called human."

"I know, I understand what you are feeling right now. No one wants what happened to Y/N. So don't blame yourself. Y/N doesn't blame you either. No one does, Nayeon."

"I just hope Y/N can recover from this."

"She will, and we will help her."