Chapter Fifty-Nine

Your PoV

Today is my off day. I slept longer than I should but I can still feel the soreness on my body after what I did yesterday.

It's already nine in the morning, already have been ten minutes since I opened my eyes but I am too lazy to get up.

"Y/N, breakfast is ready, it's been there waiting for you." Tzuyu unnie said as she popped out of the door to check on me.

"Coming unnie."

"You said that twice already." She said as she walked in.

"You haven't moved from your bed." She added.

"I know, It's just that... I think I practiced too much yesterday. My body is still sore." I honestly said.

"You want me to give you a massage or what?"

"Hey, what's going on here?"

Before I could even reply on Tzuyu unnie, Chaeyoung unnie walked in.

"Your food is waiting, Y/N. The others already ate their breakfast." Chaeyoung unnie said.

I sighed as I sat up and stretched my arms around.

"Go out after that." Chaeyoung unnie said as she walked out, leaving me and Tzuyu unnie.

"So, you still want the massage?"

I smiled and looked at her.

"Later unnie."

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I brush my hair and tied it before I left the room to go downstairs and went to the kitchen.

"Morning Y/N." Jeongyeon unnie said who's washing the dishes already.

"Good morning, unnie," I said as I sat on the counter where I saw my food.

"You slept longer this time."

"I know, but I think I'm still a little sleepy. If I could just stay longer on my bed." I sighed.

"Oh, that's fine. We could all relate. But now, I wish we can have our comeback already." Jeongyeon unnie said.

"Is preparing for a comeback hard?" I asked wondering how would it feels for me.

"It is, but it's enjoying at the same time. We sometimes play when we have time, even during the set."

"How about your debut?"

"Well, that's a different story. Filming, photoshoots, and other preparations can be easy but the promotions and interviews are a little tough. You'll be fine, we're here if you feel a little overwhelmed."

I just nod as I finished my food. Not so long, Nayeon unnie also walked in and saw me.

"Hi, Y/N. Feeling good for a walk?"

"Hm? You're going out?"

"Just walking at the park, Momo and Dahyun are also going."

"I want to... but my legs want me back on the bed. My body is still sore after yesterday's schedule." I said which she instantly get as I told them before that day that I will be filming a dance cover.

"Okay, we'll buy you something as we get back."

"Thank you unnie!"

I finished my food while Nayeon unnie left. I brought my dish to the sink as I am planning to wash it, but Jeongyeon unnie took over it.

"Go on, go back to your bed." She said.

"Are you sure, unnie?"

"Yup, It's fine."

Tho I wanted to go back to my room, I also think it was a good idea to have a chat with Jeongyeon unnie.

"Unnie, can I ask you something?"

"Mhm, sure go on. I'm listening."

"Among all the members, who are you very close with?"

"If it's just the members that I've been with for the longest time, it must be Nayeon and Jihyo. They are with me ever since my trainee days. Why did you ask?"

"Nothing, I just wonder if you know each other already."

"Pretty much, it's like we already memorized each other's favorite word. But sometimes it doesn't matter how long you knew each other. Just like with the other girls, we get along as soon as we met each other."

"How's that possible?"

"It's just. There's no real explanation. It's like there are strings attached, and we are meant to be close even if we don't know each other for long. I am sure you experienced that."

I nodded as I leaned on the counter.

"Mhm, yeah... I kinda think it's happening to me. Just like me and Chaeyoung unnie. I don't know her at first but I feel like we are meant to meet. Just imagine the possibilities to be with her, like for the longest time right now, she's my fan as she said."

Jeongyeon unnie chuckled as she shook her head.

"That's one of the examples."

"Chaeyoung unnie wasn't afraid to approach me either. I kinda thought it was because she knew me already, but just like the opposite of what you said, not because you know them for long, you can be close personally."

"Well, that leaves you and Chaeyoung being destined to meet. That's what it is."

"Aside from that, I noticed how you treat her. You and Nayeon unnie are like mothers to her. And ever since Chaeyoung unnie and I grew closer together, I realized how she's been overprotective of me sometimes."

"You do?" Jeongyeon unnie chuckled as she dried her hand after she finished what she was doing.

"Mhm, I just think maybe she's projecting what she's receiving from you to me," I said.

"Well, that might be true." She shrugged.

"But she's only doing that because she loves you, and you make her happy. The same goes for me and Nayeon me. Chaeyoung is the strongest member, which is why we still look after her, because sometimes the strongest are the ones who've been going through a lot."

"That's right."

"I'm sure that's what Chaeyoung thinks too. After what happened to you, sure she knows how hard it was for you. As she said, she's your number one fan, and she means that."

"She watched your vlogs, and support you ever since. She knows what you feel, It's like there's already a connection between you and her. So if you think sometimes that she's being too much protective, that's only because she loves you and you make her happy."

"Without you, it could be hard for her." She added.

I chuckled as I looked at Jeongyeon unnie.

"That seems a lot unnie. But I understand... I also like when Chaeyoung unnie gets protective sometimes. She's like a mother and I know mothers can be annoying sometimes. But I love my mom, very much."

"Exactly my thought. So just understand her if she gets too serious sometimes. Sure she just wants you to be safe."

"If my mom is still alive, I am sure she'll like you. You think like her, even speak like her."

"Really?"

I nodded and hummed in response.

"Well, that's good to know," Unnie said as she laughs.