Chapter Thirty-Eight

Your PoV

"Are you sure you're okay now?" Manager unnie asked after my elbow it got cleaned up.

"Yes, unnie. Thank you." I said.

Not so long, aunt Kris arrived and saw me.

"Y/N, are you okay?! How are you? Did you get injured?" She said as she come to me.

"Calm down, aunt Kris. I'm fine, it's just a scratch." I said as I showed her the patch on my elbow.

"Tsk, tsk, why can't you take a break from trouble? Does it hurt? Can you still do the filming today?"

"Of course, I told you this is just a small thing, nothing to worry about."

"Yeah right, she's just fine Kris. I asked her so many times already." Manager unnie said.

"You're really sure you're okay, huh? It's still early, I'll order some breakfast for you. But since you're okay now, let's go to the dance practice room. They are already setting it. Will start by seven just the usual."

I nodded and we walked to the practice room while Manager unnie excused herself. As we got there, I saw the other staff and greeted them. Manager oppa is also helping them which made me realize that this is the day.

"Just wait here, I'm just gonna buy your food outside so you can eat already."

"Thank you, aunt Kris," I said as I nodded.

"Good morning Y/N, feeling so excited?"Manager oppa asked as he comes to me.

"Yes, and a little nervous too."

"Don't be, you can do this. Anyway, this is the mic that you'll be using. It's personalized just like the other girls. It's your favorite color according to Kris." manger oppa said as he showed me the hand mic on the box that he is holding.

"Whoa! Is it really for me?"

"Yup!"

"Can I?" I asked and he nodded.

I picked up the mic and looked at it in awe. I never thought I would be having a mic that is personalized according to my favorite color.

"It's so beautiful!"

"Later we'll start to film the first teaser. And then next is the whole performance you prepared. Don't worry, the director will tell you what to do. Just listen to them and do as they said, okay?"

"Clear."

"After that, we'll be changing up the whole set. And I think Kris already told you that today you're going to film a song, right?"

Y/N sighed in her thought as she can't remember her aunt informing her about it. She's sure that her aunt didn't tell her because she'll get more nervous.

"Yeah, yeah."

"The arrangement of the song you'll be covering is already prepared, you can practice if you want."

"Okay, what else?"

"Kris mentioned you play guitar too, so the management team thinks that it's a good way to showcase your other talent. You'll cover another song, but you're going to play with a guitar."

Y/N sighed once again as she stopped herself from smiling.

"Any song?"

"On the guitar part, you can choose. But with the other cover, you'll cover the debut song of Itzy. are you familiar with it?"

"Oh, like Itzy sunbaenim's song?"

"Yes."

"Okay, I got it."

"Good! You can practice now if you want. The cameras are already on because the editors will be making behinds for this whole thing."

"Got it."

"So that's all. Just enjoy and have fun!"

"Thank you oppa."

As manager oppa left to talk to the other staff, I waited on the couch and tried to remember everything manager-nim said. I get my phone to text Chaeyoung unnie that I arrived at the building already. After that, I took a selfie with my hand mic because until now, I am still amazed with having my own mic.

I also remember what the manager oppa said. I will sing the debut song of Itzy. Tho I am familiar with some of the lyrics, I decided to listen to it again while I am waiting. I am also thinking of a song I could play with the guitar which most likely will be an English song.

After a few minutes, aunt Kris arrived with a plastic bag. I told her that the manager oppa told me everything that I am going to do today and all she did is laugh and make me feel better by saying that I can do it.

It was already six when I decided to practice what I did yesterday. The camera is already filming me but I just think that they aren't there so I can do better.

"You wanna monitor how's your performance?"

I nodded and went to them to check how it went and surprisingly, it turned out so good.

"Wow! Did you learn this all just yesterday? You're so good!" Manager oppa asked.

"Yeah." I chuckled.

I also practice the song that I will be singing which isn't really something I am worried about. I am more focused on the dance and singing because I don't want to show that Coach Denise and Coach Justin didn't do well in training me.

After that, the director came and we started the whole set with the first thing I am really looking forward to. And since it's a teaser, they just give me small instructions while the cameraman does most of the work.

"Okay, very good!"

I came to check it and it really gives me a chill when I watch how they directed the filming. What more if they finished it already? The next thing we did was film the performance. We took three repeats for different shoots and I really enjoyed it especially when they said it's done and they all clapped together.

"Wow Y/N, you look like a professional idol now!"

"Thank you," I said as I can't help but feel nice about it.

After that, we took a break while they change the set. It's just simple since they just put a chair in the middle and three cameras for different angles.

"Next, the cover of Itzy's debut song." Aunt Kris said.

that didn't take a long shot also. After I sang the song, they already approved it.

For the last video, I took the guitar from manager oppa and tried to play it. This is the first time I am going to play it again since I stopped when I was still in the Philippines. That was when my last show when my parents also come to watch me.

I can't help but feel sentimental when I remember the good times when my mom used to teach me how to play guitar. Those are the good times I will never forget.

"For the last song, are you ready?"

"I'm still thinking about what song should I play," I said to aunt Kris.

"How about I request a song." Aunt Kris said.

"Okay, what is it?" I asked aunt Kris.

She then told me the song and I thought about it for a moment before agreeing. I think I could do it, It's an English song too, just like I planned to sing a while ago.