chapter 42

The only problem walking up the stairs to her room was that....everything appeared twice.

She slipped away from under my arm with which she was supporting my weight and unlocked her bedroom door before gesturing me in.

I staggered on the bed as if it was a life support and sighed heavily as my back hit the soft mattress.

"Remove your shoes and get comfortable. I'll be back in a minute." She said, throwing her bag on the nearest couch and as she kicked off her own heels and headed towards the bathroom.

For a moment I let my eyes stay closed I counted my breathed.

Something doesn't feel home.

I opened my eyes to look at the Miley Cirus poster etched on the wall. It brought back so many memories of sleepovers we all friends used to have in this room.

The pink and purple walls didn't use to seem this weird back then.

The edges of poster seemed to be blurring again and I forcefully blinked my eyes to remove some of fogginess to no avail.

Scanning the room, I found a pack of cigarette and a lighter placed on a drawer.

I fished one cigarette between my lips and flicked the lighter on, lighting it up.

Taking a longest drag, I felt some peace spreading inside of me as I puffed out the air as if exhaling all my headache with it.

"So you feeling a little better now?" Back asked appearing in her night silk dress, rolling her hair up in a bun but didn't succeed.

Flicking the edge of the cigarette in the ashtray, I huddled myself up on my elbows, but could barely support my head upright.

"Feeling like shit."

She chuckled.

"I'll make you some coffee then."

"No," the last thing I want is to make her run around to babysit me,"I'll be fine."

She looked at me for a moment then shrugged.

Mattress dipped as she climbed on the bed, taking a cigarette and lighting it up.

"You sure he wont come tonight?" I asked to reassure myself.

"Nah, he's super pissed and might actually stay at Marcus' tonight along with Sam."

Something twisted in my heart. A hurt maybe. Longing.

But she didn't have to see it.

"I see."

I bet they don't need me.

Taking another drag, I ran my hand through my hair, finger combing them. I must be looking like shit.

She sighed beside me,"I know what you're thinking," I looked at her face which contained million thoughts but not proper words to express them," but you don't have to feel that way. I'm always here for you." Smile spreaded around her lips as she expectantly looked at me.

Why doesn't Faith look at me like that!

Why she never smiles at me!

I gritted my teeth, removing the cigarette and threw it in the ashtray.

"Its not helping ,back." I stated honestly.

I felt her warm hand engulfing mine," But I can help you in other ways." Her sleek voice stopped all the gears in my head.

The moment of silence as I looked at her hazel eyes.

Yup, I heard her right.

Pulling my hand out of her grasp, I laid my head back on the mattress once again," Back, don't be childish."