N&A 5.

◤─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◥

◣─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◢

◣─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◢

"Mama"

Ayat sat up in attention and her eyebrows furrowed at the sniffle that followed the small voice.

"What wrong?" She asked, alarmed at the possibilities that her child could be hurt.

"Come home" the girl on the other end said making Ayat frown and hold the phone tighter.

"But baby what's wrong?" She asked in a soft voice and the man's shoulder's stiffened at the endearment he heard from her voice from the threshold. With a raging heart he stomped out of there and busied himself in his work.

"I don't want to stay here anymore" the little girl mewled.

"Okay. I'll come meet you today but what's wrong?" she asked getting up and gathering her stuff already.

"You promised you'd spend the weekend with me" the girl whispered and Ayat's eyes widened. She bit her lip at the realization that in all this she forgot about her plans with her daughter.

"Okay. I'm coming. Now stop crying." She said softly walking out and stuffing her things in her bag.

"You're leaving?" A low voice spoke and she stopped, looking over her shoulder she straightened her posture and turned to him.

"Yes" she said making him eye her form before scowling at her.

"We're not done yet"

"Whatever is left I'll get it done from home" she said taking the clip out of her hair, smooth strands of caramel tumbled down her shoulder in waves and his body warmed up at movement.

Her hands twisted her hair and rounded it up in a bun, her clip clutched in her teeth as she did so.

"Why so suddenly? Is everything alright?" He asked with a raised eyebrow she turned to meet his eyes again.

"Uh... Yes.. sort of... I mean yeah. Everything's fine but I had plans for today." She said unaware of the tightening of his fist and locking of his jaw.

"With whom?" He asked before he could register what he was saying.

"With Mihr—" She stopped and looked back at him after zipping her bag and straightening her clothes "with someone" she replied.