B&W 8.

"How are you now?" Jahan asked sitting beside her bed

"I'm fine. Thank you" she said cradling the bouquet in her arms. She looked down at her lap not wanting to make the conversation any longer.

Buraak stood in the doorway keeping an eye on the man who silently gazed at his wife. If wafa hadn't allowed to see him then he would've thrown him out the very moment he showed up at his door step.

"Get well soon. I hope to see again soon" he said rubbing his hands on his knees before getting up. Wafa passed him a forced smile as he showed himself to the door.

Wafa kept the bouquet on her side. The curtains of her bedroom were drawn apart making the soft glow of the winter sun fall in her room.

They discharged her a while back but her mental state was still a big question for her. Her mind was making things up and making her go back to the same way she used to be.

She could feel someone lingering near her, she could hear shallow breathing from dark lurking corners of the house. A nurse was assigned to stay with her since she had silently denied staying with buraak.

Safa came over often but wafa denied of that also. She didn't leave her room nor did she respond to him when he went to meet her.

Her vision blurred as the face of a man appeared before her. The glowing face of her father made her throat clog with unwanted emotions.

"Salman don't spoil her. She's challenged already don't turn her into a brat" the stoic voice of her mother pierced through her giggles.

"Fakhra begum humari beti apne baba ke pass hai. Karne den jo karti hai. Apne baba ka ghar hai uska" Salman said smiling at his daughter who smiled lively back at him.
(Fakhra dear wafa is with her father. Let her do as she pleaded. It's her father's home after all)

"It's only because of you that she's the way she is, whether be it her obnoxious behavior or her slow brain" she threw venom at her husband who's smile ceased alittle. A frown framed his features.

"Wafa is completely normal Fakhra. Don't try categorising her soft heart for a challenged one" he said caressing her hair who frowned looking down at her lap.

"I still don't see why you're not sending her to the special child boarding school?"

"No baba I don't want to go to a boarding school" tears poured out of her eyes as she hugged her father tightly. Salman glared at his wife making her leave the garden stomping her foot against the ground.

"Baba I don't want to go" wafa cried in her father's chest. Salman patted her hair hugging her tightly.

"I won't let you go anywhere Chanda. Don't worry. Your baba is there to steal you away from this world" he whispered rubbing her back. He sighed at his wife's behavior and decided to take his precious daughter out from ice cream.