N&A 8.

◤─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◥

◣─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◢

◣─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◢

White sneakers pounded against the marble floor of the hospital, frantic breaths left her lips and chest heaved up and down.

Turning around a corner with a screech on her soles, Nuha Idreesi stopped infront of the sight of her friend on the hospital bed.

Lost deep in thoughts as a bandage covered her head and an IV inserted in her arm.

"Ayat?" She called and her friend turned to her at her voice.

"Hey" Ayat chuckled but it came out as a crack of her voice.

"Are you okay?" Nuha whispered cupping her face.

"Yeah. I'm fine" she whispered while clearing her throat.

"What happened?" She asked and Ayat shook her head.

"Nothing serious. I was on my way to pick Mihrimah and bring her home when on the main highway two cars crashed, one them came spinning towards mine and pushed the car against a tree" she whispered, her head not yet prone to loud noises and vertigo taking a toll on her thinking.

"God you scared me so bad" Nuha mumbled rubbing her arms and Ayat winced.

"Sorry" Nuha winced and Ayat shook her head.

"It's alright. It just took me by surprise and I didn't have enough time to move out of the way" she clarified and the black haired woman nodded.

"When can you go home?" Nuha asked and Ayat shrugged.

"They'll tell once this drip ends" she nodded towards the bottle hanging from the stand and Nuha nodded.

"How're the occupant's of the other car?" Nuha asked Ayat shuddered.

"The car that initially hit us ran off and the other family...." Ayat stopped for a breath long second "they couldn't make it" she croaked and Nuha hugged her as tightly as she could without hurting her.

"It's okay" Nuha consoled knowing just how many stories and memories of her were triggered by this. After all Ayat lost her happy family in a car crash much like this one.

"Why were you going to pick Mah up though?" She asked.

"I... It's enough. I want her to stayed with me. I can't live in constant fear that he'll take her away from me. If it happens I'd at least want to be able to fight before letting her go. Like this he could take her away behind my back" she said with determination lacing her words and Nuha nodded.

"I'm with you in whatever you decide"

"I'm lucky that way" Ayat grinned.

"Duh" Nuha exclaimed flipping her hair.