you're sick

Chaeryeong placed her hand against your forehead and frowned when she realized just how warm you felt.

Despite the obvious fever you had, you were shivering and tried to curl up with the sheet your girlfriend covered you up with.

She tucked you in beneath it, hoping it'd stay secure and you'd be warm and toasty.

"Feeling okay? Any worse?" She asked worriedly, only to grow even more concerned when you nodded weakly.

You woke up about fifteen minutes ago, at almost three in the morning. You felt hot and sweaty, kicking away the blankets in frustration. Your muscles aches, as did your stomach, and you felt nauseous and weak.

"What can I do to help?" She asked, hoping you'd give her something, anything, to do that might help ease your discomfort.

Because she felt helpless and sad seeing you feeling so awful and she was willing to do whatever you needed.

But you just shrugged your shoulders and whispered as your stomach ache grew worse.

"I don't know. I just wanna try to sleep."

She knew that probably wouldn't happen with how awful you felt. But if you wanted to try and sleep it off, she wasn't gonna stop you.

So she wordlessly climbed into bed beside you and rubbed your back as you rolled onto your side, desperate to find a position to ease your pain.

"Love you. If you need anything I'm here." She said, hoping you'd fall fast asleep and wake up feeling a little better.

But sadly, you just laid awake. As she suspected, you felt much too uncomfortable to even try to sleep. You were restless, slowly turning over, again and again, to try to lay comfortably and feel better.

You sat up slowly and leaned against the pillows behind you. You squeezed your eyes shut and swallowed thickly before taking a deep breath.

Chaeryeong didn't even have to ask you what was wrong. She could see it on your face. Your eyebrows were pinched together, your skin clammy and pale as your mouth watered like you were gonna throw up.

She rubbed your shoulder comfortingly and hoped the feeling would pass. But it didn't. It only got worse until you knew you were gonna be sick.

You jumped out of bed and rushed into the bathroom. Chaeryeong heard you beginning to empty your stomach right away and she was on her feet, rushing to you to comfort you through it.

She pulled your hair back, gently holding it through her fingertips as she kissed the back of your neck lovingly and started to coax you through the awful feeling.

"Let it out. I've got you. Just let it all out, my love."

And you did. You threw up for a few agonizing minutes and tried to catch your breath. You felt temporary relief, only to throw up again when the taste lingered on your tongue.

Your stomach flipped, your mouth watering yet again as the horrible feeling returned.

Chaeryeong was by your side through it, though. It was easier with her by your side. Her touch and her soft voice in your ear brought you some comfort that you truly needed.

But eventually, your stomach settled and you were able to breathe again. Weak and exhausted, you leaned against Chaeryeong with a sigh.

"Feel better now?"

"Yeah."

"Good." She said and kissed the crown of your head. "Think you can go to bed now?"

"Yeah. I'm so tired."

"Okay. Let's get you to bed then."

You nodded and made your way to the sink, using all of the very little strength you had to keep yourself steady as you brushed your teeth while Chaeryeong got you a couple of things you'd need.

A glass of cold water to sip on, some cough drops to possibly soothe your throat that was sore from vomiting so much, the heating pad in case your stomach still ached at all, and a bucket; just to be safe.

You came out of the bathroom a moment later, shutting the light off behind you and dragging your feet to bed.

Chaeryeong tucked you in and held the glass for you as you took a few sips of water then laid back.

She quickly climbed under the covers with you and her hand fell to your back. She ran her fingertips in circles, kissing your shoulder softly as you hummed contentedly.

"Feeling okay still?"

"Yeah. I feel a lot better now."

She sure was happy to hear that.

She stayed silent though, simply kissing your shoulder after the words fell from your lips. You sounded groggy, understandably exhausted.

"I love you. You know if you need anything I'm here for you."

"Okay. Do you think in a few hours I can have some soup?"

She smiled, knowing it had to be a good sign that you were wanting some soup.

"Absolutely. I'll make you some after you get some rest. If you need me, you wake me. Okay?"

"Thank you." You mumbled as you drifted off to sleep, thankful that even at your worst, you had Chaeryeong right there by your side through it all.