baking in the middle of the night (requested)

The loud crash coming from downstairs caused Chaeryeong to jump awake.

Sitting up in bed, she quickly reached for the lamp and turned it on.

She looked over to your side of the bed, only to find that it was empty.

She was starting to get concerned now so she got up and headed downstairs, where she saw that the light in the kitchen was on and there was an aroma in the air as if you were making something.

She looked at the clock on the living room wall as she passed by, finding that it was only three am.

She walked into the kitchen and found you standing at the counter.

There, she spotted a mixer, as well as a few ingredients on the counter, and a bowl full of something.

"What are you doing?" She asked, making you jump and almost drop your phone on the floor.

"Chaer, you startled me!"

"I'm sorry. But, I guess we're even, then. Because you startled me. I woke up to a loud crash. Is everything alright?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm sorry. I was looking for a bowl and I dropped a couple on the floor when I pulled this one out. I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's okay. But it's three am. What are you up to?" She wondered as she hugged you from behind, placing her chin on your shoulder.

"I couldn't sleep so I decided I'd come down here and do some baking."

"Baking?" Chaeryeong chuckled. "What exactly are you baking?"

"Right now I'm baking cookies but I'm also planning to bake some cupcakes and muffins."

"Rather than sleep?" She asked with a cute smile on her face.

"Yeah. I'm not tired and I don't think I'm going to get any sleep so I'm going to bake tonight instead."

"Sounds fun. Can I join?"

You looked at her in surprise.

"Aren't you sleepy? You've been working so hard and I woke you up."

"I know but I'm not tired right now. Baking sounds more fun. Can I join?"

"Of course, my love!" You excitedly answered and turned to peck her lips a few times.

"Okay. What can I do?"

"Well, I have to mix these ingredients together for the next batch of cookies I'm baking. Do you want to do it?" You asked as you placed the mixer in her hand and her eyes lit up before she happily mixed it all together.

She watched you grab some frosting from the cabinet.

"What's that for?" She asked.

"The cupcakes!" You grinned.

She watched you pull off the lid and then the plastic over it to keep it fresh.

You turned your back to grab the stuff you'd need for your cupcakes and Chaeryeong stuck her finger into the frosting, putting it on her tongue.

"Hey!" You laughed and her eyes went big upon knowing that you caught her. "We need that for the cupcakes, baby."

"Yeah, well, there's a lot still."

You shook your head with a laugh.

"You're so cute."

"You know you want some too." She said and put some more on another one of her fingers, putting it to your lips.

You couldn't resist and caved in to the craving, licking the frosting from her finger.

"That's so sweet and so good," You said and she nodded, taking a little more for herself on yet another finger.

After, she washed her hands and then helped you with the cupcakes.

"We should do this more often." She said as she laid her head on your shoulder.

"I agree. I love baking and I especially love baking with you. It's so much more fun."

You shared a couple of sweet kisses, wanting to get swept away in each other and the sweet kisses you were sharing.

But the sound of the timer on the oven going off caused you both to pull away.

"Cookies are done." You said and pecked her lips a few times before grabbing an oven glove and pulling the tray out.

You put it on the counter and continued baking, enjoying every second of it even more than usual with Chaeryeong by your side.