gotcha (requested)

"You're home!" Chaeryeong excitedly said as she greeted you at the door, her smile and eyes so bright over the happiness she felt to see you.

"Yes, I am." You smiled and kissed her cheek before taking off your jacket and ganging it up. "Hi, my love. I'm happy to finally be home with you."

"Hi." She grinned and pulled you in for a sweet kiss before taking your hand to lead you into the kitchen.

"Oh, something smells amazing."

"Yeah? I thought I'd surprise you! I made us dinner."

Your eyes lit up upon hearing that.

You haven't been able to share a meal together in so long since you're both so busy these days.

But it's her day off, and you're home early in the evening, which means you have the entire evening to spend together and Chaeryeong wanted to make it special by making you dinner.

Or, well, that's what she wanted you to think.

She did make dinner. Spicy noodles. Thing is, you don't really like spicy noodles. They're too, well, spicy for you to handle.

She knows this very well and she thought you'd both get a good laugh over the prank she'd pull on you by making you think it's just noodles that she made. You're stressed and in need of a good laugh and she knows, over something like this, you'd definitely have one.

"Noodles?"

"Yeah. I know you love them. I thought you'd enjoy some."

"Thank you, baby. That's so nice of you." You sighed in relief, happy to be able to come home to a nice meal after a long exhausting day.

She pulled a chair out at the table for you and helped you into it before grabbing a bowl and giving you some noodles.

She made one for herself before grabbing the chopsticks and sitting down beside you.

With a kiss on your cheek, she put it down in front of you and waited for your reaction.

You put some on the chopsticks before bringing them to your lips. Chaeryeong watched as you put them in your mouth and chewed on them for a second before your eyes went wide.

"What's wrong, my love?"

"It's spicy!" You gasped. "Chaeryeong, are these spicy noodles?"

She ate a few bites of hers, trying hard to stop herself from giggling, but it was impossible not to.

"Maybe."

"That's mean!" You said as you grabbed some milk, swallowing a little of it down in hopes it would relieve the spiciness on your tongue.

"Well, you've pranked me before and I wanted to get you back somehow. So, gotcha!" She grinned and you pouted as you sat down next to her, laughing a little as you wiped your lips and pushed your bowl away.

"That was so spicy. How can you eat them?" You asked, taking a couple more drinks of the cold milk in the glass in front of you.

She just eyed you as she grabbed some more noodles with her chopsticks.

She put them to your lips with a smirk, asking, "Want some, darling?"

"No, thank you. I've had enough spicy noodles."

"You had one bite!" She laughed as she watched you stand up and walk to the stove, preparing some noodles for yourself that wasn't spicy.

"And that, my love, is more than enough for me."

"If you say so." She said before she pulled your bowl of spicy noodles over in front of her so she could eat them, happy to eat them for you.

You just shook your head with a grin while you cooked and watched her eat them up, happy that she was able to enjoy them and that she gave you a much-needed good laugh after the day you had.