He Was Just So Cute

(I know this is a random one but I know many people have that special teddy or blanket so I decided to write this. I'm sorry it's so short and I hope you are all doing good.-G❤️)

Cole's POV
Lili and I have been dating for about 3 months. We've stayed the night at each others houses but she doesn't know about my secret blanket. I've had it from the day I was born so it isn't really a blanket anymore. It was more of a rag but I still couldn't sleep with out it. If Lili was here or I'm at Lili's I normally hide it in the pillow case. I'm embarrassed because I'm 25 and can only sleep when I have a blanket with me but sure, nobody will know. Tonight Lili was coming over after work. I had the day off so I hadn't really done much. There was a knock on the door before Lili comes in. She smiles.
L: "hey babe. How was your day?" She asks kicking her shoes off. I smile.
C: "hey gorgeous. Yah it was alright. Didn't do much. How was yours?" I ask her standing up to hug her. She smiles and wraps her arms around my neck.
L: "it was good, really good." She says smiling. I nod.
C: "that's good." I say before leaning in to kiss her. She smiles and kisses me back.
L: "you wanna watch a movie?" She asks me. I nod and pick her up bridal style, causing her to let out a squeal. I chuckle and kiss her head. We put on a movie and after watched a couple of episodes of the hunger games. After we got ready for bed. I was in the shower whilst Lili was in bed.
Lili's POV
I was laying in Cole's bed getting the next episode of the hunger games up for us to watch. I fixed my pillow and do the same to Cole's. Just as I fix it something falls out of the pillow case. It was like a rag, just a little bigger. I frown. It look old. Was this Cole's? I grab it. It smelt like him so it must have been. I was so confused. If it was Cole's why didn't I know? I shack my head and set it against his pillow. After a while he comes out towel drying his hair and god did he look good. He smiles.
C: "more hunger games?" He asks throwing his towel into the hamper. I nod.
L: "why not. Can I ask you something?" I ask him. He nods.
C: "you just did." He says smirking. I roll my eyes. He nods.
L: "is this yours?" I ask holding up the rag/blanket. His face drops.
C: "I thought I put that in my pillow?" He says gulping. I nod.
L: "you did but it feel out. Is it yours?" I ask him. He nods slowly and sits in his bed, leaving a gap between us. I smile.
L: "what's with the gap? We've slept together. I think we are past the whole you sit on one end I sit on the other." I say giggling. He shrugs. I sigh.
L: "when did you get this?" I ask moving over beside him. He sighs.
C: "the day I was born." He says softly. I smile and lay my head on his shoulder. I pass it too him. He takes it and fiddles with it. I smile.
L: "did your mum get it for you?" I ask him. He shacks his head.
C: "no, my grammy. She got me a grey one and Dylan a blue one. Dylan never really took to his but I'm not able to sleep unless I have it with me." He mumbles. I smile.
L: "did you bring it to my place?" I ask him. He nods.
C: "yah. I hid it in the pillow case when you would go to get ready for bed." He said biting his lip nervously. I smile and kiss his shoulder.
L: "why didn't you tell me?" I ask him. He sighs.
C: "I'm embarrassed. I'm a 25 year old man who can't sleep unless he has a blanket with him. That's embarrassing." He said sighing. I shack my head.
L: "no it's not! It's cute! Very cute! Adorable even!" I say smacking his shoulder. He frowns.
C: "adorable and cute mean the same thing. Adorable is just a longer word for cute." He said frowning. I roll my eyes.
L: "stop being smart. Your adorably cute." I say stroking his cheek. He tilts his head to the side.
C: "so just cute cute?" He asks me. I nod.
L: "very cute cute." I say staring at him fondly.
C: "okay, as cute as I am, if we don't watch this now you'll fall asleep and then yell at me for watching it with out you." He said says wrapping his arms around me. I giggle and kiss him quickly before clicking play. We snuggle up together, with his blanket. He had it underneath his chin and it was so cute. He was just so cute.