Chapter 5: "...I'll join your band."

Hey guys I've emerged from the shadows. Long story short, with school ending and my job starting up, I was unable to post the past 2 weeks so here's a Sunday update. Hope you enjoy :)

~~~~~

"Luke..."

Julie started to decline his offer, but something in her changed. Maybe it was the fact that her dad asked her to clean out the garage in order to sell the house, or maybe it was the way he looked at her with those big excited eyes that made her decide to do what she did next.

"...I'll join your band."

His face seemed to get even brighter than the sun. He was so excited that his first instinct was to reach down and hug her out of excitement. It was awkward at first, with Julie tensing up, but after a second she relaxed and hugged him back.

"I better get to class, I'm already late," Julie said as he let her out of his grip. He nodded, and they parted ways.

The rest of the day, Julie could hardly focus on school. Her mind was wondering about the events that had previously happened. Why now? Luke's and his band for years. Why does he want her in it now? Why did she agree? She hasn't even sang a note for a year. Why did her brain tell her it was a good idea to say yes to him? So many questions with limited answers.

Before she knew it, the final bell of the day had rang, and Julie was making her way out of the school. Like normal, she was going as fast as she could. Except, before she could even get to the end of the walk way, she was once again being stopped by the hazel eyed beauty that had asked her to join his band just a few hours ago.

"Where ya goin' so fast?" He asked.

"Home," She replied, in a voice that suggested he should know that already.

"We have band practice tonight. 7, my house," He took out a paper with an address on it. "Don't be late."

Julie reached out her hand to take the paper, and he smiled as she grabbed it.

"This is only a few blocks from my house," Julie replied in a surprised voice.

"I know." He turned and walked away without another word, but he winked as he turned his back.

Julie examined the paper once more, and without her knowledge or approval, she started to blush. Why was this happening? She doesn't even like Luke. Does she? No, no definitely not. He's just... nice to look at.

Hours later, Julie showed up on the porch of the address Luke had given her. Shaking out the nerves, she rang the doorbell of the old house. An older man appeared at the door, he seemed confused as to why a 15 year old girl was standing on his front porch.

He sighed, turned his head into the house and yelled, "Luke! It's for you!" Then, he disappeared into the house before Luke appeared in the doorway.

"Julie! You made it! Ignore my dad, he isn't in a good mood today. Come on," He nodded his head to the right, signaling for her to follow him.

So, she did. She followed him all the way through his house and to the backyard. That's where she saw both Alex and Reggie smiling big and waving in her direction.

Luke clapped his hands together and announced, "Let's get started, shall we?"

Alex took his place at the drum set placed on the back patio. Reggie stood by his bass, which was sitting on a stand. Luke walked over to his guitar, which was also on a stand. Julie, who didn't know what to do, stood awkwardly to the side.

"Ya coming?" Luke asked.

~~~~~

How is Julie going to do at practice?  What made her decide to join the band?Let me know your theories in the comments!