Chapter 61: "You're the biggest goofball I've ever met."

Final real chapter. 

Enjoy!

~~~~~

It had been a long time since then. 5 years to be a little more exact, and things were still as good as ever.

Luke and Julie did get married pretty young, and received a lot of criticism for that, but it was when time felt right for them. They had just finished recording their first album under Destiny Management and Record Label when Luke proposed. Everyone told them to wait, but Luke just couldn't anymore.

They got married Just after coming back from their tour for that album, and tried their hardest to settle into married life and best they could with being named the 'Best New and Upcoming Artists of 2027'. With their fame rising, and new music being produced all the time, some might say it was too soon to have kids, but...

"That's exactly what I said, though."

"I know, Jules, but I'm trying to write a story for Little Ray," Luke said to her.

"'Little Ray' is only 3 months old," Julie replied in a sarcastic voice.

Luke shrugged. "So, we'll start him young."

Julie laughed, and crossed the distance to where Luke was sitting at their dining room table to kiss his forehead on the way to put their son down in his rocker.

Raymond Mitchell Patterson was a surprise to all, but he was the light of everyone's life. He was spoiled with so many Uncles and an Aunt, but they wouldn't have it any other way.

"Well, what else do you have?" Julie asked when she sat next to him at the table.

"Luke and Julie were the only ones out of the group married, due to Uncle Alex and Uncle Willie having commitment issues, and Uncle Reggie and Aunt Flynn breaking up. No worries, though, they are chill around each other, but if you're reading this then you probably already know that," Luke read off of his paper.

Julie laughed again. "You're the biggest goofball I've ever met."

Luke set his paper down. "I'm your goofball," He bragged and leaned in for a kiss before being very rudely interrupted by the cries of their son. Julie started to get up, but Luke stopped her. "I've got it."

Luke went and grabbed Little Ray out of the rocker, and he instantly calmed down.

"He likes daddy's big arms. He fits in them perfectly and can fall asleep quickly," Julie commented when she saw them together.

"He does, doesn't he?" Luke said proudly smiling at the human that he created with the love of his life. The miracle of life was magical. Gross at times, but definitely magical.

"I wish he'd do that for me." Julie rolled her eyes.

"Oh, come on, he loves you the same. You're the one that gives him food."

They both laughed, and Luke came back to the table to sit next to Julie with a now-sleeping baby in his arms.

"Speaking of, do you have enough milk to last the babysitter for the night while we're at Carlos' graduation?" Luke asked her.

"Mm bad news, the babysitter fell through, so we're gonna have to take him with us."

"Okay."

"It's okay as long as he doesn't cry when Carlos is up there. I can't miss him walking across the stage," Julie said.

"If he does, then I'll take him. Problem solved."

Julie smiled. This is her paradise. She couldn't imagine where her life would be if Luke hadn't asked her to join his band all those years ago.

---

Little Ray did in fact start to cry when it was close to Carlos' turn to walk across the stage, but Luke was kind enough to step out with him to soothe him so Julie could support her brother.

As Julie watched her brother get handed his diploma, and start walking across the stage, it occurred to her that she was right where she needed to be.

And when they tossed their caps in the air, the ticking of the clock suddenly felt like it had slowed down. Like everything had been set into place and they could be normal, for once. They've lived their life in the fast lane for so long, and she was so glad that everything worked out for the better, and they could be each other's sweethearts.

The End.

~~~~~

I want to say thank you to all those that have supported me throughout everything in this story. You're the real ones. I love being able to write and I love getting feedback and seeing how others like my writing even more. I'm so grateful for everything, and I send you all love you deserve. Thank you for following me on this journey of writing. :) I hope you continue to follow me through my journey. The 6 months that I was writing this story has been some of the greatest months ever. Thank you.

Click NEXT CHAPTER for the bonus chapter!