Chapter 9: "Tell your friends!"

Hey! Welcome back to Sweetheart! Hope you enjoy today's chapter! 

~~~~~

Julie took a deep breath and started playing the first chords of the song on the piano before her.

Sometimes I think I'm falling down

I wanna cry, I'm calling out

For one more try to feel alive

And when I feel lost and alone

I know that I can make it home

Fight through the dark and find the spark

This seemed easier than Julie had once thought. It felt right playing music again. It was the gift that her mother had given her, and she was going to play to keep her memory alive.

Life is a risk, but I will take it

Close my eyes and jump

Together, I think that we can make it

Come on, let's run

Now the boys were supposed to jump in, for half a second Julie thought that they might not be there. She looked over to see them ready to play more than ever (especially Luke).

And rise through the night, you and I

We will fight to shine together, bright forever

And rise through the night, you and I

We will fight to shine together, bright forever

This felt right. Singing with these boys is what she needed to do. Something about them singing with her made things ten times easier. They were like a comfort spot to her, and Julie didn't know if she'd be able to sing in front of people without them. Now it was Luke's solo part, and Julie looked at him for probably longer than she should have.

In times that I doubted myself

I feel like I needed somе help

Stuck in my head with nothing left

I feel somеthing around me now

So unclear, lifting me out

I found the ground

I'm marching on

Shoot! Julie forgot there was a crowd in front of her. She was lost in how passionate Luke is about his music. Julie looked in the direction of the students that had now formed a large crowd before them. Carrie was standing in the middle with her arms crossed and a pout resting on her face. She's mad that they are showing her up. "Oh my gosh!" Julie thought, "We are showing up Dirty Candy!"

Life is a risk, but we will take it

Close my eyes and jump

Together, I think that we can make it

Come on, let's run

And rise through the night, you and I

We will fight to shine together, bright forever

And rise through the night, you and I

We will fight to shine together, bright forever

The band finished strong. There was even a part where Julie and Luke shared the mic. It was hard to not look into those big hazel eyes that captivated your soul if you stared into them for long enough. Luke, still smiling, spoke into the mic towards the crowd.

"Thank you, we're Julie and the Phantoms!"

Reggie chimed in with, "Tell your friends!"

The boys and Julie bowed, and the boys went into a huddle while Julie walked to the front of the stage because both Principal Lessa and Ms. Harrison started walking towards her. They had apparently just finished announcements when The band made their appearance. Julie sat at the end of the stage and prepared for the worst.

"Ms. Harrison! I'm so sorry for not asking permission!" Julie said, hoping apologizing would help her situation, "I just wanted to show you I belong here."

Ms. Harrison nodded and replied, "As amazing as that was, your spot has already been filled by another student."

She pointed in the direction of a kid pulling a huge chello down the stairs of the stage. Thud. Thud. Thud. Every thud made a bigger cringed look appear on both their faces.

"Come on! That thing is way too big for him," Julie defended.

"He'll grow into it. I wish that I could help you, but my hands are tied," Ms. Harrison came back.

Julie signed before the voice of Principal Lessa appeared behind Ms. Harrison, "Mine aren't, and as much as I don't approve of this little stunt that you, Luke, Reggie, and Alex pulled, I will not go down in history as the principal that kicked Julie Molina out of the music program."

As Julie was just about to thank Principal Lessa, a voice behind her exclaimed, "Yes!" Julie laughed because of course it was Reggie.

~~~~~

What did you think of this chapter? Let me know in the comments! 

Remember to vote and comment! It really helps me a lot.

See you next week!