Chapter 20: "You just think it's a cute nickname."

Not me forgetting AGAIN that Fridays are a thing. I have an excuse this time! On Friday, I was preforming at my school's homecoming football game! Also TMI but I threw up literally 10 minutes before I had to leave to preform. 

ANYWAYS, Thanks for keeping up with my busy schedule and also I won't be updating this Friday because I have an all day dance competition. Wish me luck?

OKAY I PROMISE I'LL LET YOU READ NOW SORRY

~~~~~

Luke was struggling through the day, but when his phone buzzed during lunch, he perked up instantly.

Julie: Band meeting after school, my house.

Reggie: Okay! But why?

Alex: Ok

Julie: We have a gig.

Luke: A GIG?!

Julie: Yes, Luke, a gig. Details to follow. Like I said, band meeting after school, my house.

Luke: You got it, boss.

"Luke, why do you always call her boss?" Reggie looked up from his phone to ask, so Luke looked up too.

"I- I don't know. I just think it fits her, I guess," Luke explained.

"You just think it's a cute nickname," Alex interjected, reading Luke's mind in the process.

"Shut up, I do not."

"We know you like her, Luke," Alex countered, gesturing towards himself and Reggie.

"I don't like her, I just like that she's good at music, and she just happens to be pretty."

Okay, so Luke was lying to his best friends, but also himself. He knew he liked Julie, he just didn't want to accept that.

"Luke, I'm having flashbacks to when you told us you wanted her to join our band. Not that I think it was a bad idea, it's just you're acting the same way. Don't run from your feelings. If anyone would know that, it's me." Alex warned.

Luke was about to argue more, he swore on it. It's just the bell rang, and he had promised Julie that he would always be in class.

"Saved by the bell," he thought.

---

"We're playing the school dance? Sweet!" Reggie exclaimed, looking at the flyer in front of him.

"Oh yeah, I saw that on Instagram. I wasn't sure if it was real or fake," Alex added.

"Not exactly the strip," Luke complained.

"Yeah well, you're not exactly of age, so maybe you should be happy that we have our first gig," Reggie rebutted.

"I wasn't in love with the idea at first either, but it could be a great way for us to build a following, right?" Julie explained.

"Yeah. Yeah, we need to play wherever we can, whenever we can," Reggie agreed.

Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea.

"No, you're right. Let's rock those kids' faces off and then play the clubs," Luke answered.

"And then record a single that gets a billion streams," Julie added.

"Which will hopefully land us a manager and a tour," Alex said.

"Then we release a bunch of hit albums!" Julie supplied.

"Put out a country album that does surprisingly well," Reggie chimed in.

Luke looked to Julie, who was giving Reggie a confused look.

"I shred on the banjo, so," Reggie explained.

"Then I'll learn how to fiddle," Julie said as she fist-bumped Reggie.

"And before you know it, we're being inducted into the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame!" Luke exclaimed, pounding on the piano for emphasis.

"But one of us isn't there," Reggie started, "Because we had a blowout in 2032. My money's on Alex. He's just so sensitive."

"I'm right here!" Alex spoke up.

"Aw, come one dude. You gotta admit, you are the emotional one."

"I am not!" Alex argued, his voice rising as if he were getting emotional about it.

Luke smiled. These were the people he wanted to be around forever.

"What are we waiting for? Let's get rehearsing. We have a school dance to totally rock tonight!" Luke said, turning to pick up his guitar.

Everyone else walked to their instruments, and Julie reached into her bag to grab out the song Julie and him had decided on playing tonight. It was called Finally Free, and they had just barely written it over the weekend. 

~~~~~

It's not the kind of cute you thought it would be, but I think it is. 

Don't forget to vote and comment! It really helps me stay motivated.

(If y'all beg me maybe I'll double update and you wont have to wait so long for the next chapter.) (JK you don't have to.... unlesssss)

OKAY BYEE :)