Chapter 35: "What's up everybody?"

Hey! Merry Christmas to those who celebrate, and if it's already over for you, Merry late Christmas. If you don't celebrate, Happy Holidays :)

Here's your new Sweetheart chapter for today 1/2

Enjoy!

~~~~~

"What's up everybody?" Luke heard Flynn say. "Time to put your hands up, do a little dance, yup. Here's the new anthem from Julie and the Phantoms."

This was it. The moment that they would (hopefully) jump into the limelight.

Julie's little brother, Carlos, and his friend pulled open the garage doors to reveal the band behind them. Julie waved to everyone while the guys got set up.

"Thanks for coming everyone," She started. "This is called Edge of Great."

With that, she started playing soulfully on her piano and singing even more beautifully into the mic.

Running from the past, tripping on the now

What is lost can be found it's obvious

And like a rubber ball, we come bouncing back

We all got a second act inside of us

Luke smiled at his friends before powerfully joining Julie in her in her powerful ballad.

I believe, I believe

That we're just one dream

Away from who we're meant to be

That we're standing on the edge of

It didn't occur to Luke until this very moment, but he and Julie were kind of matching. She had on a white shirt with butterflies all over, and he had a white shirt with a skull on it, but they were both white and had the same tint of blue.

Something big, something crazy

Our best is yet unknown

That this moment is ours to own

Oh! Julie's rocking out with the band now. Reggie, then Alex, and now...

Why not Luke? It was like she wanted to rock out with him, but she just looked at him and turned away. Well, if anyone knows anything about Luke, it's that he doesn't give up that easily when it comes to Julie.

Great (on the edge of great)

Cause we're standing on the edge of

Great

Next up was Luke's solo. After that, he was all set to get Julie's attention. She wasn't getting away with ignoring him that easily.

We all make mistakes

But they're just stepping stones

To take us where we wanna go

It's never straight, no

Luke locked eyes with Julie, and he nodded his head towards him to try and get her to come over. Alex and Reggie have said multiple times that they have chemistry on stage, so why not present it to the whole world?

Sometimes we gotta lean

Lean on someone else

To get a little help

Until we find our way

Luke couldn't even focus and enjoy performing since she was ignoring him. Even Reggie came over and gave him a look that Luke could only interpret as "Dude, she's definitely ignoring you." Luke gave Reggie a look like that too. Something must be wrong with her. She never ignores him on stage. Ever. Luke dealt with this little mishap for a while, because he had the perfect plan to get her back.

Shout, shout

Come on and let it out, out

Don't gotta hide it

Let your colors blind their eyes

Be who you are, don't compromise

Yeah, shout, shout

Come on and let it out, out

What doesn't kill you makes you feel alive

This is it. While Julie was singing her solo during the bridge, Luke was going to add an extra guitar riff and make his way to her.

And it worked!

She looked him in the eyes, and smiled. Just like always.

Now Luke could really lose himself in the music and the performance. While we were being brave, Luke also decided to finish off the song with her, sitting right next to her at the piano. With more eye contact because Luke definitely couldn't get enough of those chocolate brown beauties.

Running from the past, tripping on the now

What is lost can be found, it's obvious

Everybody went crazy because they loved the song, but Luke thought it was more than that. It was probably all because of him and Julie. Their chemistry is where the real show is at.

Simultaneously, they all took a bow as the audience clapped.

~~~~~

Don't forget to vote and comment! 

(And click next because the next chapter is up RIGHT NOW)