Chapter 57: "Who's your date?"

I went back to school today :(

Enjoy!

~~~~~

"What do you mean we're not done yet?" Julie asked him.

"I mean we're not done yet. C'mon!" Luke said. He got up off the blanket, helped Julie up, picked up the blanket, and started heading towards his car again. Luke has one whole day without Julie needing to do homework, so he's making the most of it. Luke has things scheduled all day.

"Next stop, Cafe Mocha!" Luke announced in the car as he was driving.

"Cafe Mocha?" Julie asked. "Like where we played Finally Free?"

"Exactly."

Luke saw Julie smile in the corner of his eye, and he relaxed a little bit. He knows Julie doesn't necessarily like surprises, but he was glad she was enjoying them so far.

When they got to Cafe Mocha and went inside, Julie looked to Luke. It was like she was asking what they were going to do there.

"You are going to sing a song for all of these morning coffee lovers," Luke said, leading her to the stage and handing her a microphone.

"What song?" Julie asked.

Luke shrugged. "Whatever one you want. I'm your only music, so choose something I know, please."

Julie made her thinking face.

"Can't decide?" Luke asked.

"How do you know?"

"You're making this face," Luke said, making what he thought could be her face.

"That is not my face," Julie laughed, pushing on Luke's shoulder to get him to stop, but he didn't.

"Yeah it is," Luke answered. "You gotta pick because we have even more places to go."

"Okay," she responded. "Do you know Love Story by Taylor Swift?"

"Do I know Taylor Swift?" Luke said, picking up the guitar and walking onto the stage.

"Hey! I'm Julie, and today I'm singing Love Story by Taylor Swift," Julie said towards the crowd, nodding towards Luke to start.

We were both young when I first saw you

I close my eyes and the flashback starts

I'm standin' there

Her singing was beautiful, and Luke almost forgot how to play his guitar when she started singing. Sometimes he forgot that her voice could open heaven's gates. What Luke would do to hear her sing with her mom because that seemed like it would be the most angelic thing ever.

He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring

And said, "Marry me, Juliet

You'll never have to be alone

I love you and that's all I really know

I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress

It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"

Oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh, oh

'Cause we were both young when I first saw you

She finished so strong that it almost brought tears to Luke's eyes, and the way she smiled when she finished was something Luke could see every day of his life. He would love to be the one who makes that smile. Julie thanked the audience, and they made their way off the stage. Luke started to bring her to their next place, but Julie stopped him.

"What?" He asked.

She kissed him. "Thank you."

Luke returned the favor by grabbing the sides of her head and kissing her forehead. "Anytime," He replied.

Julie ordered a coffee to go while they were there. "What? If we're going to be doing stuff all day, then I'm going to need this," Julie said when Luke gave her a confused look.

Their next stop was the ice cream parlor that they went to during the summer. They got the same things as before. Julie got vanilla bean, and Luke got mint chocolate chip.

They sat and talked for a while, but eventually decided to leave after Julie told him she needed to be back at her house to get ready for the dance.

"I'll be back for you in a couple hours," Luke said when he dropped her off at her front door.

Julie nodded and headed inside after kissing him quickly on the cheek.

On Luke's way home, he got a call from Reggie.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey man! Can me and my date come with you and Julie to the dance? We could be in a group because if we can then Alex wants to go too."

"Did Alex find a date?" Luke asked.

"I don't know. He did tell me, but even if he didn't, he could still come and party with us," Reggie said.

"Yeah, true. You definitely can."

"Sweet! Thanks man!"

Reggie started to hang up, but Luke had one more thing to say.

"Reg?" Luke asked.

"Yeah?"

"Who's your date?"

Then, Reggie hung up.

~~~~~

Kinda feel like I crammed a lot of stuff in the next chapters and now I'm starting to spiral. I don't like them, but I'm still going to post them. Please tell me now you like them.

Click NEXT CHAPTER now!