Chapter 60: "All the way up until your last name is Patterson."

Hey everyone! I'm here to post the final chapters of Sweetheart!

Enjoy!

~~~~~

Julie sang her best and poured her heart out into the song just like she always did everytime she performed.

Running from the past

Tripping on the now

What is lost can be found, it's obvious

She and Luke finished the song sharing a mic like they did every performance, and Julie was so happy. Even if everything stayed the same, she would love every day because life with Luke and her friends was more than she could ask for.

The group made their way off stage, and Luke told her he'd get her a drink before leaving her alone.

So, there she was. Standing alone at the side of the gym, watching everyone else dance and enjoy the music.

The dance might have been half over, but there were still people just barely showing up. Julie is a people watcher, so she was watching the doors where people were arriving and then she saw a face that she knew pretty well.

"Hey Julie! I saw your performance at the Orpheum. It was pretty sweet! I mean, I saw most of it. I had to step out towards the end because I had a ton of homework, but no doubt it was great!"

"Uh, thanks, Nick."

"Yeah. Are you here alone? If you are, could we dance... if you want?" He asked her.

"Um," Julie looked across the gym to see Luke staring at her and Nick. She gave him a look that hopefully said 'Save me' and turned back to face Nick. "I'm actually here with someone."

"Oh," Nick started to say before he was interrupted by Julie again.

"My boyfriend, someone."

Nick laughed nervously. "Guess I missed my chance. Um... and awkward... exit," He glanced around before walking away.

Then, Luke finally came back up to Julie. He was awfully quiet.

"What did he want?" He asked her.

"He asked me to dance with him," Julie said with a small chuckle.

"Oh."

Luke huffed out a breath that Julie was sure could be heard by the entire school.

Julie started laughing uncontrollably.

"What is it?" Luke asked her.

"Luke Patterson, you are so transparent," She responded.

"I'm what?"

"You have nothing to be jealous about. You know I only have eyes for you."

"I know. It's just... I can't stand Noah," Luke complained to her.

"Nick."

"It's just like Nash is always after you, and I hate it."

"It's Nick," Julie said to him while laughing.

Luke set his drink down on the table beside them, placed a hand on each of Julie's shoulders, and looked directly into her eyes.

"You're mine, and I intend to keep it that way. All the way up until your last name is Patterson," He said with a smile.

"Well then. It might be a while for that," Julie answered as she grabbed his face.

"Then so be it," Luke said while pulling her in for a kiss.

Julie melted in his arms just like she always did, and she probably always would.

Things were good. Things were amazing. Things were better than she ever thought possible after her mom died. Julie looked back over the past couple years of her life, and thought about how she never saw herself getting this far. There was a point when she never thought she'd be happy again. But, here she is. With the guy that she loved, and he loved her back. She was happy as can be with Luke, the band, Flynn, and her family. Things seemed to be looking up, and it was like everything was going to be alright after all.

~~~~~

Next chapter = epilogue, and the chapter after is a bonus chapter!

Click NEXT CHAPTER now!