Chapter 53: "I'm sorry, Luke."

Bet that title scares ya, huh?

Enjoy!

~~~~~

The summer went by way too fast in Luke's opinion. Ray forced him to move back in with his parents just before school started, so it's been bittersweet. Luke likes having his mom and dad back, and by some miracle they seemed to understand better, but he had gotten so used to living in Julie's garage that it seemed weird to be back in his old bed instead of the couch. He missed Julie coming in every morning and setting the itinerary for the day, even though Luke never wanted to get up that early, there was always something to do, even if it was just sitting around doing nothing. Doing nothing with Julie was what he loved doing.

School was back in session, and Luke was now a senior, so that means everyone expected so much of him. They wanted him to choose colleges and apply for scholarships, but Luke just wanted to enjoy life, make music, and hopefully make it big with the band. They were close, ever since they played the Orpheum, there have been gigs falling at their feet and even a couple managers wanting to represent them. Julie made it very clear to them that she was waiting until after high school, but Luke could tell she really wanted to accept. Julie was even taking extra classes to hopefully graduate early, but that meant Luke got to see her less because she was always doing homework.

Now, homecoming was coming up quick, and Luke was hoping she'd be also to go with him. He just figured that he'd let her tell him if she wants to go. Luke wasn't big on dances, but Julie likes them, so he would go with her if she wanted to go.

"Get your dates for homecoming! Tickets are in the office for $20 a couple, $15 stag."

Carrie's voice was blasting through the speakers, telling all the announcements for the day.

"Bro," Reggie nudged Luke. "You asking Julie?"

"We're going, I think," Luke replied. He reached into his jacket pocket. "I've already got tickets."

"Boys," The teacher interrupted. "Eyes on the board."

Luke hated this teacher. Most of the others would be fine if you talked or didn't pay attention, but Ms. Weister never let you do anything except stare at the board where she'd write a billion things for you to copy. It's okay though, music was next, so he would get to see Julie and work on the project they have for that class.

"Hey, Julie," Luke said when he walked into music class. "Ready to kill it on our project?"

Julie looked at him and smiled. "Yeah I'm ready. Are you ready?"

Luke winked at her. "You know it."

When Mrs. Harrison allowed the groups to go off on their own to work, Julie and Luke found a corner to sit in.

"Wanna come over to my house after school?" Luke asked her.

She looked up at him, and frowned. "I got homework."

"Oh. Yeah that's more important."

"I'm sorry, Luke," She said sincerely.

When class was over, and it was the end of the day, Luke went home by himself. His house was empty because his dad was at work, and his mom was visiting her friend in Newport Beach. Luke raided his own kitchen, and went to sit in the living room to watch TV. His favorite show finished, and Luke decided to go for a drive, and he ended up at a farmers market.

The sweet smell of strawberries filled his nose. It smelled like her. Like his Julie and that damn shampoo that she always insisted on using, no matter how expensive it was. That was when he realized it. He missed her more than he ever thought possible. Gosh, he was never going to get over this. He went straight to her house. Maybe he could keep her company while she did her homework.

~~~~~

If you knew me well enough, that title didn't scare you. I'm a fluff person, honestly.

Don't forget to vote and comment! Let me know your thoughts! There's only a few more chapters left! Leave your predictions on how it will end!

Click NEXT CHAPTER now!