Chapter 56: "You never bothered to tell me?"

Final chapter for today! Let me know how you like it!

Enjoy!

~~~~~

"Luke? Are we going to Homecoming or not?" Julie finally asked one day when she was tired of not knowing.

"I always thought we were already going. I already have tickets," Luke said in between bites of his sandwich.

Julie felt a little annoyed. "You never bothered to tell me?"

"Sorry," Luke shrugged. "I thought you knew."

"How was I supposed to just know? Homecoming is tomorrow night, and I haven't even bought a dress. Do you know what we're doing for the day date?"

"Hadn't thought about it, no."

Julie huffed and walked off. She couldn't stand to be around that pig head anymore. Well, he was a cute pig head that Julie loved, but when he just assumed stuff and didn't ask was when Julie couldn't stand to be around him. He understood that balance, and that was that.

---

Julie got over it by the time the day ended, mainly because she needed to focus on finding a dress before tomorrow. She was able to pull something together from her mom's old clothes, so that worked out.

The next morning, Luke showed up at Julie's house before she was even awake. Which was weird because Julie is usually always awake before him.

Apparently, Julie's dad had answered the door and let Luke into her room. He shook her awake, and told her to dress warm. When Julie had finished getting dressed, she made her way to the kitchen where a very wide grinning Luke was standing talking with her dad. Julie was still very angry about being woken up, but it was nice seeing Luke with her dad. Especially since his dad wasn't the greatest to him. It was nice seeing her dad be such a great father role to him and all of her friends.

"And we're up this early because....?" Julie spoke, and it made Luke turn around.

"We," Luke started, grabbing her hand. "Are going on our homecoming date."

"We're what? This early?"

"C'mon!" Luke said excitedly, leading her out the door. Julie said a quick goodbye to her dad before being dragged out of her house. And towards Luke's car. "We're gonna be late. You take forever to get ready."

"Well it would've helped if I knew where we were going. The sun's not even up yet." Julie complained.

Then, it dawned on Julie. They were going to watch the sunrise.

"That's the point, Jules." Luke said, reaching out a hand to hold hers as he drove.

"Where are we going, then?"

"You'll see."

"How long have you been planning this?" Julie asked.

"You ask a lot of questions. But, if you must know, I told your dad about it last week."

"That's why he was up this early. He's never up this early. I usually have to wake him up because he can't figure out how to set an alarm on his phone," Julie said, laughing.

---

Luke sat on a blanket, and Julie sat next to him, her head leaning on his shoulder as they watched the sunrise together.

"I didn't realize how long this would take," Luke said, and they both laughed.

It was silent for a moment, and Julie decided to speak up.

"How'd you, Reggie, and Alex meet?" she asked.

"Me and Reg met when we sat next to each other during lunch in the 2nd grade. Alex came later. In 5th grade, he was getting bullied, and we stopped the bullies and adopted him into our group. When we found out he liked to drum, we were set on becoming a band," Luke answered.

"And here you are," Julie said, smiling at him.

"And here we are," Luke corrected.

Just then, the sun seemed to be pretty much fully up.

"We made it! Even though it took longer than you thought," Julie laughed. "Thanks for this, Luke."

Luke smiled at her, and simply placed a single kiss upon her lips.

"You're welcome, but we're not done yet," he replied.

~~~~~

Juke fluff is my specialty :)

Don't forget to vote and comment!

See you tomorrow!