Chapter 45: "He's looking in the window over there."

New day, new Sweetheart!

Enjoy!

~~~~~

Luke knew Julie was cleaning his stuff while he hopped in the shower, and he was appreciative of it. What he forgot about was the song he wrote about his mother that she could possibly find. He wrote it when he was at his most vulnerable, and he was not trying to hide it from Julie per say, just not let her see it if he could help it.

"Why didn't you show me this song, Luke?" She said, holding up the lined paper.

"Um, I don't know. Forgot, I guess," Luke answered, only half lying.

"When did you write it?"

"One of the first days I was here."

"Maybe you could bring it when you talk to your parents," Julie said, looking him in the eyes.

Luke closed the distance between them and sat cross-legged on the ground beside her. "Ya know, I was thinking about that. Would you come with me when I go? I don't think I could face them without you."

That was dumb. This is Luke's battle to fight, he shouldn't be asking his brand new girlfriend to help him with this stuff. It would probably freak her out.

Julie placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "If that's what you want." She smiled.

What would Luke do without Julie? She was so supportive and loving and...

Julie's hand moved from his shoulder to cupping his face. She then wiped away the tears that Luke didn't know were streaming down his face with her thumb.

Luke sniffled. "We could go tomorrow if you're free?"

"I'm always free for you," Julie replied, tilting his head down and planting a kiss upon his forehead.

They stared into each other's eyes for a moment, contemplating whether to take the forehead kiss farther, but then Luke was snapped out of his trance when he heard Julie's most perfect laugh.

"What?" He asked.

"My dad," Julie answered. "He's looking in the window over there."

They both laughed, got up off the floor, and opened the garage doors to a very petrified Ray standing outside.

"Dad... What are you doing?"

"I was just... um... cleaning the windows," Mr. Molina answered, looking more red in the face than before. Luke could tell he wasn't a good liar.

Julie just laughed. "Save it. You can scold me later," she said.

"But ya know Julie, if that's what you're going to do out here then maybe I should send your brother out to keep you company," Mr. Molina said back.

"No you're not!" They heard Carlos yell from the porch.

Everyone laughed.

"Julie, you need to keep the door open at least," Her father said sternly.

"Okay, dad, we get it."

Her father nodded, pulled the door open just a little bit more, and walked away.

That was more than the amount of embarrassing Luke could handle for one day.

~~~~~

What did you think of this chapter? Let me know!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

See you later! :)